jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Which is the most weird dish you ever tasted while on a trip?

1. ameliam.michelle1 profile image78
    ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years ago

Which is the most weird dish you ever tasted while on a trip?

I got my taste buds on Durian, a southeast Asian fruit, the aroma was quite nauseating and yet it tasted exquisite. What about you? Would love to hear about your stories

2. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Wow.  I can never get myself to try that fruit the smell is unbearable smile.  Well the weirdest thing I tasted is Vegemite no offense to anyone who loves it but in my case its the worst taste ever smile

ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Quite a strange choice, I must admit, nonetheless, everyone has his/her own preferences, thx for your response

3. supermarc3ll profile image60
    supermarc3llposted 4 years ago

I think as for me, I ever tried eat 'Balut'. Yup, "Balut" from Philippines. It's few weeks old of duck eggs. You can see the duck's embryo inside. You must have strong stomach to eat it. Kinda fear factor to those who eat this for the first time. If you are from Philippine, I salute you.

Yes supermarc I have heard a lot about this, quite a yucky choice, must say  I can never bring myself to eat that, you are quite brave marc, must admit that!

2. cebutouristspot profile image75
      cebutouristspotposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you ever try it go for the one that is 14 days old  at most 15.  It's an acquire taste but it is good.  For first timer dont try 16 days trust me.

You may also want to try Penoy smile

4. profile image0
    gogogoposted 4 years ago

When I was in Australia at Ayers Rock we had an outdoor bbq which included Kangaroo and  Koala meat.  I tried both but did not really enjoy them, however the Australians at the BBQ really liked them and the other wildlife meat that was prepared.

Wow1 Thats quite weird kinda dish, You had a lot of courage to taste that dish. Thx for replying

5. juneaukid profile image76
    juneaukidposted 4 years ago

My weirdest dish I ever had was strings of dried jellyfish when we first got to Japan. It was like chewing on rubber bands!

i can imagine how you would have felt, tasting rubber bands is no mean feat! lol

6. cprice75 profile image90
    cprice75posted 4 years ago

I had camel while in Nairobi, Kenya at the wonderful experience known as the Carnivore. This was in addition to crocodile, impala and ostrich.

Ya, in Africa people include some extremely exotic food items in their platter

working