How has one place you've traveled to changed your life?

1. jabelufiroz profile image72
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

How has one place you've traveled to changed your life?

2. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Yes, going on holiday to England with my ex-employers and the start of the First Gulf war has changed my life and all my dreams completely in a good way, I might add. It was scary at the time when the Gulf war started in Kuwait. We were lucky to be out of Kuwait when the war begun.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

I'm assuming that the change your referring to has been a big one.   Certainly moving to contrastingly new locations changed mine.  For example, I was born and raised in bleak old England.  In 1951 I migrated to Australia which, back in those days anyway, was a real contrast to what I'd been used to.

In 1963 I moved to Papua New Guinea and lived on the edge of the jungle.  That was a big change.   Then in 1971 I moved to New Zealand. another change.

But the place that really sticks in my mind as a turning point in my life was a year as an Antarctic expeditioner on Macquarie Island. Complete isolation with nineteen other people was only part of it.    Living in such an environment leaves its lasting marks upon most people, I suspect.  It certainly did on me.

working