jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you Traveled Outside Your Countries?

1. jainismus profile image72
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Have you Traveled Outside Your Countries?

Have you visited other countries? If yes, please name the countries.

2. AndrewHH profile image61
    AndrewHHposted 4 years ago

Yes, I've been very lucky. In my 26 years, I've traveled outside the U.S. to England, Wales, Mexico, Canada, Thailand, Bali, Malaysia, Singapore, and The Gili Islands. Most of these were on family trips. My time in SE Asia had the most impact on me, because while I was there I was in a new country every week or so. This allowed me to soak up a lot of information about different religions and cultures and how they interact with each other. It definitely changed my perspective on a lot of things and I can't wait to go back.

3. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have to some countries so far. Starting with Liberia, spent about one and a half year there, then visited Saudi Arabia. Then I visited Canada in 2010. Last but not the least, it was Bangalore, India last year. I loved visiting all these places. We learn a lot during travel. It is always good to have a first hand knowledge of different locations and it is always amazing.

4. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Yes, I haven't had the opportunity to travel a lot, but I visited the Soviet Union, including Leningrad and Moscow. I went on a tour with professors and teachers, and we got to stay in native hotels rather than intourist. It was a very intellectual and enlightening trip. I also got to tour Helsinki, Finland, and see some interesting places including an enormous pipe organ in one of the churches and also the train station where scenes from Dr. Zhivago was filmed. The ice and snow was breathtaking. The trip to the Soviet Union changed my whole perspective on life and the world. I now have a much more liberal view that than of a little Ozark hillbilly.

I hope to visit Russia again someday. I would also like to visit ancestral places in Scotland, Ireland, England, Germany and France, especially Versailles.

working