jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is your idea of the perfect vacation? Travel? Explore the out doors? What?

1. Readmikenow profile image96
    Readmikenowposted 9 months ago

What is your idea of the perfect vacation?  Travel? Explore the out doors? What?

Some people like to travel around the country or to other countries.  Others go spend time in nature.  I like it all, but wonder what others consider their perfect vacation.

2. Hmtrio2 profile image77
    Hmtrio2posted 9 months ago

My idea of a perfect vacation is relaxing on an Island surrounded by sand, warm breeze, and no financial worries when I get back home.

1. Readmikenow profile image96
      Readmikenowposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Sounds excellent.  Any particular island?

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 9 months ago

Somewhere with a vastly different culture and lots of history appeals most to me, but honestly I enjoy exploring new places even if they're not too far from my own backyard.

I'm probably a lot different from most people in that I don't really enjoy just sitting on a beach and relaxing. I'm much more into checking out museums, restaurants, seeing landmarks, etc.

4. alekhouse profile image83
    alekhouseposted 9 months ago

Well, it really depends on how I'm feeling and what's going on in my life wt the time. If I'm burned out from working too much, I prefer the beach where I can stretch out on the sand or at the pool and get some much needed rest.

If I'm bored and want to be entertained, a trip to New York to see a Broadway play or the Ballet, with time to check out some of the fabulous restaurants might be in order.

Or, if I'm feeling particularly energetic, hiking in the Tetons or taking a a barge trip down the Nile or the Danube might do it. Or even a trip to Machu Pichu. What matters is that I am getting away....I'm changing my venue,

working