jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What does everyone think of Banksy?

1. republik profile image60
    republikposted 5 years ago

I see a new print is about to be released any day now for Xmas, but what does everyone think about his work?

1. 61
      stoneyyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've found it amusing he's put his stuff in various museums and it, usually, takes a few days to be discovered and removed.

2. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

His work is interesting, but I do sometimes wonder about his actual personality.

1. June McEwan profile image60
        June McEwanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah. Don't know his personality. Seems ok. I think he started as 'pukka' and has now been sucked in. It's very American rapper type thinking. Bling bling, and yet down with the street guys. I dont  believe it.
        Think his work is really good though, especially as it makes spray can youngsters realise a tag needs to be thought out, not simply 'scribbled'

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Not a fan - sorry.  He might be good technically (as far as I'm any judge), but I'm always a bit sniffy when a person markets themselves as "subversive" (or allows themselves to be marketed as such) and then makes a donation to a mainstream political party.

http://www.8ball.co.uk/blog/gossip/bank … /20080942/

3. Sarah Masson profile image79
    Sarah Massonposted 5 years ago

Very interesting and original

4. katrinasui profile image60
    katrinasuiposted 5 years ago

Banksy uses different mediums in his work including paintings, portraits, street art, original art etc.

5. radiokoala profile image60
    radiokoalaposted 5 years ago

The guy's influental, and the future generations will have some heritage thanks to him. Riding in a trolleybus today, I have seen a painting on the wall in Banksy's style. It made me in some sense excited – like, the town got brighter.

1. June McEwan profile image60
      June McEwanposted 5 years ago in reply to this