Six Reasons You Should Leave Comments on Hubs
A HubPages Earnings Experiment
Last night, I wrote a hub where I shared the details of my second Hubpages payout. The first HubPages payment took me several months to reach until I started writing more hubs. If you visit those hubs you can find stats and details of each payout. The second hub mentions an experiment I decided to run. This hub explains the experiment and why I did it. See, I started a 30 hubs in 30 dc, but couldn't finish because I became ill. The purpose of the challenge was to improve my earnings. Which got me wondering if there was another way I could generate traffic and increase earnings without having to publish hubs.
Don't have time to publish a hub?
What if you didn't have time to write a new hub, but had about 15 free minutes to spare on the internet? Is there something productive that you could do that could help you and your fellow hubbers? I wondered.
The Experiment Begins
Many of you know, I love stats. I love to scour HubPages and read about the progress of other hubbers here and on other sites like Squidoo. When I find great hubs, I vote, rate and sometimes share the content here and on sites like Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon or Pinterest.
That's when I noticed...
Leaving comments would bring surges of traffic. Hello? That got me thinking. So, for the month of June I visited hubs and left comments, votes, shares, etc.
The Final Results?
Six Reasons You Should Leave Comments on Hubs
- Comments are important when it comes to Google's algorithms. Just pick a keyword and search it on Google. The first couple of results have lots of comments as well as backlinks and social proof (social networks). By increasing comments on hubs here, you are improving HubPages as a whole. Everybody wins!
- You will find great hubbers that share excellent content. There are many hubbers that love to share their stats, knowledge and more. I have read some really awesome hubs that have helped me improve my endeavors here like these: 6 Factors You Can Use on Hubs to Maximize Profits or How I Doubled My Traffic Overnight -which convinced me to start using my pinterest - add me plz ;)
- When you leave comments, most hubbers get an email that alerts them. This email has your username and profile. I'm sure I gained several followers just from leaving comments. How do I know? I wrote one hub in June. I gained 31 followers in 28 days.
- When you leave an uplifting, insightful or humorous comment it makes people curious about you. It generates traffic to your profile and your hubs.
- Most people will want to return the favor and in turn will visit your hub(s) to leave comments. If they really like it, they may share it here or on other social sites. When someone shares your hubs on HubPages it exposes you to all of their followers on their Hubtivity feed.
- I continued to earn through the HubPages Ad Program thanks to leaving comments on hubs.
My HubPages Earnings and Stats
As you can see, leaving comments on hubs has many benefits. So, if you don't have much time to write a new hub you can hop some hubs and leave some helpful comments. I strongly believe that you reap what you sow. So, go leave some comments, votes and share today!
I hope you found this information useful. Be sure to take the time to share this with your followers by email, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook or other social bookmarking site. Don't forget to leave any comments or questions below. Thanks for reading!
How to Make Money on HubPages
- My HubPages Earnings for April 2012 (Updated Stats 5/11/2012)
Discover the tricks I used to get my HubPages earnings. Free info that will help you understand what you can do to increase traffic and earn more money.
- Hubber Traffic vs. Search Engine Traffic. Why You Need Both!
Discover why you need both traffic from HubPages and search engines to make money on HubPages.
- Five Things I Do After Publishing a Hub
Discover the five things that I do every time I publish a hub. These easy steps help my hubs get indexed quickly and give me instant backlinks.
- Why Having Many Loyal Followers on HubPages Increases Your Earnings
Have you ever wondered if having more followers on HubPages effects your earnings? Discover the truth about followers and it's relationship to earnings.
More by this Author
Clickbank is a marketplace for digital informational products and software. It is one of the most popular methods that internet marketers use to make money online. There are gurus that claim Clickbank has helped them...
As a mother to 7 kids, I've attended more birthday parties than the average mom. The following ten suggestions for kid's birthday parties in Middletown NY are personal recommendations. I have to admit, I don't like to...