jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Posting an ad, posting the Google +1 button

1. lauramaryscott profile image60
    lauramaryscottposted 4 years ago

I am an Amazon affilliate and I copied the image and text of the product I want to paste to my hubpages webpages.  I also copied the text for having the Google +1 button but what happened was the text showed up on my webpage and not the button.  I do not want viewers to read the text for the Google +1 button.  While on Amazon I copied the text and image for the product I want displayed on my webpages but I cannot figure out how to get to the backend where the coding is to paste these things.

1. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't add code to your Hubs, meaning there is no way to add the +1 button.

For Amazon products, please, use the Amazon capsule.

2. lauramaryscott profile image60
    lauramaryscottposted 4 years ago

Thank you.  I did as you suggested for getting the Amazon hammer posted to my web pages.  It was easy.  It always is after you know how to do it.  As for the Google +1 button.  At the upper right hand side of my screen to the right of my Google Search box is the g+1 button.  If I click on that will it wok in HubPages?

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Google+ button should work with HubPages and any page that you find yourself viewing.

1. lauramaryscott profile image60
        lauramaryscottposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Dale Hyde for trying to help me place the Google+ button on my web pages.  I haven't been able to get it to work yet but will try again tomorrow.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well you can not add it to your articles here on HP.  It used to be here but they took it off "due to lack of use" if I recall correctly.  What I was referring to is that a page you are viewing, you can post to your Google + feed by used the browser button.

Again, no way to embed the button on pages here on HubPages.  Sorry. I would like to see it come back myself because I used it extensively.

working