What does your dream house look like?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

I am just wondering if you have ever pictured your dream house, if of course you aren't already living in it. What would it look like?
    I would love to own a place in the country, Have a nice long treelined drive and a stone cottage with ivy growing up it and on the inside an inlaid stone fireplace with a big wooden hearth and a sunken living room with a big fluffly couch and a library  filled with amazing books and a nice huge kitchen for cooking and having specialty chefs come in and teach thai cooking or chinese or whatever food the mood struck me for at the moment. I would also love to grow my own fruits and veggies and have a salt water pool with a round the rm. fish tank and a little cave that leads to a sauna and steam room and hidden closets and drawers etc..,like those old houses in the east coast where you press a button and a whole other room shows up. Anyway it's fun to dream....just wondering if any of you have ahd such dreams and what that would look like for you smile

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I dream about my ideal woman since I am single, but houses no. I will never own one nor have I ever wanted to. If I were going to dream it, would be more than one, like a cottage in New England just for fall colors.

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

knolyourself,
      A woman is a whole other dream smile but it would be nice for you if she came with the house of your dreams too smile . Best of luck with that.

3. austinhealy profile image72
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

My dream house would be a half derelict 17th century castle I know of somewhere in western France. I drive by the numerous times during the summer and this is really a place I could picture myself living in. In the meantime, I'll make do with the tiny, unpretentious early 18th century cottage I am happy and proud to call home when I'm in Europe smile

1. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My dream house could very much look like my current one, but it would clean itself, no housework needed. And no weeds would grow in the flower beds. And this immaculate weed-free home would always be cozy and warm, with perfect fen shui energy.
      No need to self-cook, I enjoy doing that part. : )
      oh, btw this is with no maids, it's like a magic home. If I have to dream why have limitations?

Robie, How fun is that. Great imagination!!!

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Austinhealy, A castle would be awesome too!!!

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I have a tiny little house which is perfect for just me and my son lol but I do have a 'dream' cottage where it will be 'off the grid', have a enclosed orchard, garden, trails for walking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, near the lake or river, for swimming, fishing, boating. Design may take after something out of old Europe somewhere, so many to choose from and I can't decide tongue but I do love some of the architecture of those times. smile

Great!!!! sounds wonderful, the orchard and gardens smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://remus.jpl.nasa.gov/kiruna/a_030.jpg

How cool is this smile Is this Alaska?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Andromeda. I winter there.

smile

6. ocbill profile image52
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

A home in a nice mediterranean climate, large tree lined street, large lot, views, not a crowded town, but not small either. An accommodating kitchen to entertain people. I had probably 50% of that. Time to get back to work.

Great smile Thanks for sharing your dream of your dream house.

7. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 11 years ago

On a 5000 sq ft island, exactly in the center, with a large grass area around the house. Palm trees on the periphery of the grass area. The house would be on stilts, and powered by solar energy and wind energy. That's all, thank you very much!   smile smile smile

Very cool!!!House on stilts smile Are you an architecht? Sounds very beautiful. Then would you be self sufficient and grow your own fruit and veggies and go fishing for dinner?or would you have a yaht to get to the mainland for supplies? fun dreaming smile

1. quicksand profile image83
        quicksandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG! I never thought about food! I guess I could go to the mainland once a week for supplies. Growing my own vegetables is also a good idea!

The stilts are to combat the rising sea level with global warming being an issue. At the rate of one inch a year, a six foot set of stilts could last me another 72 years!

By that time I would be rich enough to buy another island. lol

8. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

My first requirement would be one story. Then big windows. Fireplace. Big porch in front and deck in back. BBQ pit. Greenhouse off the kitchen that's big enough to sit in sometimes. Bit kitchen. Fireplace that opens to kitchen on one side and living room on the other. One room purely for exercise. Sauna. Lots of closed glass display cases. Maybe the center of the house a big glassed-in aviary for rescued parrots. Big master with french doors to hot tub. Spare bedrooms for guests. Off the grid. Oh, and someone else to clean it all.

Keep dreaming and it will come to pass. thanks for sharing your dream.

9. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7201992_f248.jpg

Our house is a very, very fine house
    With two cats in the yard
    Life used to be so hard
    Now everything is easy
    'Cause of you
    And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Is this in Germany or Holland?

1. Horatio Plot profile image74
        Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

England. Edwardian splendor at its finest.

Thank you for sharing, very nice place. smile

10. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

A 15 bedroom house with an indoor pool, theater. 15 bathrooms, all on 100 acres of open land with pastures and barns.

Great dream smile It's fun dreaming isn't it!!

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

You asked, I share; so here is my dream house:

http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.3902238.7.flat,550x550,075,f.gingerbread-cottage-hdr.jpg

With the inside much like this:

http://img4.myhomeideas.com/i/legacy/design/cx/04/09/cx04091699_1_x.jpg

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How fun and sweet! I can tell that you've done a lot of work to make it purely your own. big_smile

What a sweet Victorian!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I love the little hearts in the front and the porch smile

12. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Countryside where I can plant some vegetables and flowers when the season permits. Spacious yards - both back and front without fences. Far from the house, I can see rolling hill and I can ride a horse.

Ermm, the house, as long as the bedroom and TV room are spacious and comfy, that will do. I want a pink colored bed, room, curtain and pillows, everything in pink inside my bedroom and then my lighting should be nice. My room should be sweet smelling room.

13. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

The aunt's house in Practical Magic. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)