Advice on uploading a video please!

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

I'm having huge problems (again!) trying to upload a video.  I am working in iMovle (so on a Mac) and want upload a video of less than 5 minutes. Saving it as a dv video HubPages doesn't recognise it. I have tried compressing, but even under 1 GB it won't upload.

But every other format I try the quality is poor. I've tried saving as .mov, avi, mp4 and Quicktime movie, and I tried in default settings and 'broadband - high" but they all look terrible. I've uploaded 2 videos before and it was a mov format that eventually worked, but the video isn't perfect - it stretched everything to the width.

I am a novice at video making and uploading and would love to know what I am doing wrong!

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not familiar with the programs you are using.  For technical assistance, you may try contacting HubPages support at team@hubpages.com, via email.  If they can't help you, the team can forward your inquiry to technical support.

1. Melovy profile image96
        Melovyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Dale, I eventually got it to work and ended up with 2 versions because I thought one had stopped halfway it loaded so slowly! I'm still not entirely happy with it because it's done the stretching again. I have made a note of what worked, because it required some advanced settings, and I'll take your advice and email technical support.
        I think I'll upload through YouTube from now on as it's so much easier.

working