Advice on uploading a video please!

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

I'm having huge problems (again!) trying to upload a video.  I am working in iMovle (so on a Mac) and want upload a video of less than 5 minutes. Saving it as a dv video HubPages doesn't recognise it. I have tried compressing, but even under 1 GB it won't upload.

But every other format I try the quality is poor. I've tried saving as .mov, avi, mp4 and Quicktime movie, and I tried in default settings and 'broadband - high" but they all look terrible. I've uploaded 2 videos before and it was a mov format that eventually worked, but the video isn't perfect - it stretched everything to the width.

I am a novice at video making and uploading and would love to know what I am doing wrong!

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not familiar with the programs you are using.  For technical assistance, you may try contacting HubPages support at, via email.  If they can't help you, the team can forward your inquiry to technical support.

1. Melovy profile image96
        Melovyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Dale, I eventually got it to work and ended up with 2 versions because I thought one had stopped halfway it loaded so slowly! I'm still not entirely happy with it because it's done the stretching again. I have made a note of what worked, because it required some advanced settings, and I'll take your advice and email technical support.
        I think I'll upload through YouTube from now on as it's so much easier.