jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Thumbs up

1. catgypsy profile image80
    catgypsyposted 4 years ago

I usually always hit the thumbs up button on hubs I like and mark them as funny or whatever. I've noticed people tell the writer they've done this in their comments. I never do, but just noticed someone said you were suppose to tell. Is this true and why?

1. 0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it's not everyone's intention, but when someone goes out of their way to point out that they've hit thumbs up it suggests to me that they want the hubber to reciprocate. I don't play that game. Just hitting thumbs up helps the score of that hub, there is no reason to tell the person who wrote it, IMHO.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I often vote-- but don't usually say I did, in the comment.
      On the other hand , when someone does mention voting up, etc-- it reminds me to do the same wherever  I think it is appropriate.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I use the email notifications and read Hubs from there. I only use the thumbs up and awesome, useful, etc., buttons if I agree with the comments. I find it annoying when I got to sign in to leave a comment tongue lazy? maybe to some but I do have other obligations and people to tend to along with a life offline lol

3. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

For some reason, I almost never think to vote up or down, choose funny, useful, interesting, etc. I've just never gotten in the habit of it, and truthfully I forget the option is even there. Even though it is there in black and white, for whatever reason my brain never notices that part of the hub layout. On the rare occasion that I do vote, I will sometimes make mention of it in the comments. It is by no means a hint for the author to reciprocate. It's just me letting them know what I thought about the article.

4. catgypsy profile image80
    catgypsyposted 4 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I feel like Casimiro does and don't feel it necessary to tell them I did it. I just wasn't sure, after reading that comment, that it wasn't in the "rules" somewhere that you had to tell. I'll just continue to be "anonymous" about it!
    Thanks again for all the quick replies!

5. samnashy profile image84
    samnashyposted 4 years ago

I never used to, but mostly I do now hen I remember. My reason is so the author knows his/ her work is appreciated ( that is if it is of course).

1. catgypsy profile image80
      catgypsyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

samnashy, that's a good point!