jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Summaries

1. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60
    Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 4 years ago

Will adding summaries to my hubs increase their scores and my author score?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably. However scores aren't all that important - a good score doesn't mean you get more traffic or more money.  They're just an ego thing.

Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, okay....wow. I'm still fairly new to Hubpages and didn't know that. It's kind of confusing to me because I've noticed that my hubs are getting featured but my author score isn't what I would consider to be stellar.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
          Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Give it some time, Lil Ms KnowItAll- the more Hubs you publish and the more active you become on the site, the higher it will sore.

Summaries are important not just because they can improve your Hub/Hubber score, but because they improve the reader experience and can help your Hubs rank better in search engine results. Succinct, unique, well-written summaries can make a big difference!

Lil Ms KnowItAllposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that information, I've added summaries to some of my hubs last night. I'm going to finish up today and add the rest! I really appreciate the feedback, it's extremely helpful!

2. janderson99 profile image84
            janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It may be a quibble but I don't think this is true:
            "and can help your Hubs rank better in search engine results"

Matt Cutts http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/keywords- … eb-search/

"graywolf, meta descriptions don’t count in scoring (that is, determining the scores which are then used to determine what order to show the results in). So changing your meta description tag won’t make your website rank higher. When we show snippets, we can sometimes use the meta description as the snippet that we show. To your point, if two results have the same snippet (not just because of the meta description but in general), we will often show the first result and then the other results are shown if you add “&filter=0″. But the post was about the keywords meta tag and clarifying that we don’t use the keywords meta tag. The reason we mentioned the description meta tag was to make the point that we don’t disregard all meta tags."

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … swer=35624

The main benefit is that a good summary provides a 'pick me' , 'pick me' incentive for users to pick your link on the SERPs.

2. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

Here is some good general info about summaries from an old forum question I posted some time ago. I was advised that it's best to limit summaries to 150 characters or less. Things change all the time around here, but I believe this info is still relevant.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94460

3. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60

Thank you SmartAndFun for your response. I've had the chance to check out the link and found it to be rather helpful! This will help me in the future as I learn to write powerful summaries and also, I'll make sure to add them each and every post.

4. Lil Ms KnowItAll profile image60

Thank you for your answer and the link, I'm going to check it out right now!

working