Great Hubpages Traffic News This Week

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Mark Johann profile image60
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

Know traffic updates weekly

2. Mark Johann profile image60
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

Just recently that many hubbers reported that their traffic increases. This week, I have seen 10 posts from my friends mentioning about their traffic increasing.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's always a mix, Mark, but I'm glad you and yours are seeing some favorable trends! That's what we like to hear!! big_smile

Mark Johannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone,
        Yes, I am happy recently. I was hearing a lot of complaints about 4 months ago on their decreasing traffic so that is why I am making this forum to update fellow hubbers. smile

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Mine started climbing a bit, too, in recent weeks, but Simone is right, it's not universal across the site.  Every Hubber has a different set of circumstances, including time on the site, use of keywords, the number of hubs, etc.  Google looks for things people enter as search terms, so it's not a 'fair' system in terms of getting traffic for everyone at the same level & rate.

Good to know your update! Keywords are not that effective I guess. Thanks for your view in that manner. smile

4. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 11 years ago

Hey Mark, I'm glad to hear it smile Mine has been slowly on the climb for a while now so I must be doing something right big_smile

WOW! I am happy for you. Keep us updated with your hub traffic. You are indeed doing the right way in Hubpages. Congratulations! smile

5. profile image0
    AccumulateAmericaposted 11 years ago

Mine has been on the climb also. I thought it was due to the forum activity. It seemed to start, for me, when I entered the danger thread. big_smile It truly has inspired me to write more. I have two pieces in the construction and a third on the brain. I do hope this continues. Maybe Google will accept my account then.  lol

Marcy - Speaking of key words. I noticed a change when constructing hubs. When I began there was a nifty manner on the right side to enter key words. I no longer can see how to add key words. Do you know what happened with that?

I think hubpages removed the keyword option last year but I am not sure. I haven't been using that keyword option eversince.

1. profile image0
        AccumulateAmericaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I know it was available when I signed up not very long ago. About four months ago. I used it, and then discouraged by a flag of one of my articles. I took time off. Then came back and got that very hub approved, and began in forums. I made two articles, and couldn't find the option. I thought part of SEO, which I am still learning, was utilizing key words?

I knew these keyword things on SEO study but search engines are making changes from time to time on their bot cralwlers which I understand that keywords are not so much effective in getting search engine traffic. Good quality hubs and original content are the best ways for a consistent traffic and SEO friendly hub.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There used to be a place to input "tags"; keywords used only in internal HP searches and invisible to google, but it was removed late last year.  Actual use of those tags was discontinued nearly a year prior to that; they had served no purpose for a year.

Yes, I agree. The keyword tag option was removed last year. Do you mean keywords in all websites are just useless? I am just curious, though.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes - as everyone said here, it was removed a few months ago. I remember hearing when I first got on the site that it was only an internal keyword tool (seems like it would have been nice had it interfaced with Google). I guess it didn't do much other than take up real estate on the page and space in the server.  So it's gone now.

Gone now. No more keywords. I find hard to match my webpages to keywords. And I believe that the keywords that are very useful are those keywords found in the content itself. What do you say about that?

6. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

If you look at Quantcast HP is right about the same place it was on February 5th.
    So no big losses.
    Steady is REALLY good compared to what has happened on other sites.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that the truth?  And if you take into consideration the numbers of hubs being taken off, it could actually be an increase in traffic per hub numbers.

1. profile image0

I saw one other paid writer site that the members are complaining they have a complete stagnation. Despite trying to actively work. I guess that is an improvement, but being new to this game. What have you seen happen on other sites?

1. sabrebIade profile image80
          sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well one site that usually skips right through Google Updates with no problem has dropped from 96.1 million pageviews in Sept Oct 2012 to 72.9 million in Feb March 2013.
          A 23.3 million pageview drop.
          You can say it was holidays, weather, news events, the wind changed direction, the sun was in my eyes etc all you want.
          HP has gone from 62.2 million to 63.5 million in the same time span.

2. Mark Johann profile image60

Steady for HP site but increase of traffic to some hubbers. How is that? I guess generally speaking, part of HP traffic but a boost to few new hubbers.

7. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I checked my history from the last 2 years. Mine is historically down from February through June.Then it is picked up a little through the summer, but doesn't really take off again until September through January.  It might be the type of hubs I write. The good news is that the traffic has gone up every year as well as the earnings.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
      PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think that's the general seasonal trend for most topics, Barbara.  My own traffic seems more roller coaster-ish, however, thanks to all the Google changes.  Things were gradually picking up for me over a period of months, but now it's crashed overnight.  It doesn't look like there was an algo change, so it could well be something that I did.  I have some theories, so hopefully I can fix it.

2. profile image0

This is very interesting, but reading that as an uneducated newb. I would ask if by down you mean activity? Could it possibly mean ranking? I know in rpg games. Which is (Don't laugh at me too much) where most of my experience is. In these type of sites. It is common knowledge during winter time activity is rising, but in the summer time when people are traditionally more vacation bound the activity falls. I wonder if it is similar with writing articles? It is nice to hear activity over all and income rises on the steady. This tells me that you are retaining readers. Versus I am so new. Looking at my Google Analytics. I am currently on a 60% average of new readership and visits. Holding only about a 40% returned, which is nice also. Of course my best visited hub had to be pulled, despite it's high ranks, but HP decided or their bot. I will have to reedit it. The common complaint I see, but it's ok. I am new. Has anyone else seen anything from other sites?

1. ritsukakunx profile image62
        ritsukakunxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I dunno, I own a fansite - shatterheart.net - and it gets the same traffic year round. It just increases Saturday/Sunday :p

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

By being down, I mean the traffic is down. My ranks for my hubs are about the same. I write too many seasonal hub, but I need to change that.

8. ritsukakunx profile image62
    ritsukakunxposted 11 years ago

I agree; my traffic is up! I'm getting about 2,200 a day right now! big_smile

1. profile image0

A day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Moley! Now I am extremely jealous!

9. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 11 years ago

This is very good news for HP.

10. profile image0
    apimentel33posted 11 years ago

I agree; traffic seems to fluctuate without being hubber or hub specific. I have definitely seen an increase today especially.

11. profile image0

I changed some hub titles today, so my activity is way up for my levels any way. I still compare nothing to 2200 a day! *AA faints*

12. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

My traffic is up but hubscores are down after going up across the board last week. Weird, schizo-algorithms. sad

1. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I quit worrying about Hub Scores a long time ago.
      If the readers like it and it gets traffic, I could care less what the score is.
      Though right now except for one, my top ten visited Hubs are in the 80s.
      But a lot of times my highest trafficked Hubs are in the 70s.
      Focus on the reader....not HP.

2. midget38 profile image86
      midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My traffic and scores went up slightly

13. sgbrown profile image94
    sgbrownposted 11 years ago

Well, I'm sad...my views have dropped from 600+ to 118 in 4 days!  What the heck did I do!  I was tweaking my hubs and views were increasing and then the bottom fell out!  I'm afraid to look at tomorrow morning!

14. fildi profile image61
    fildiposted 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to complaining about a drop of a few hundred. I am new and looking forward to breaking 100 views a week smile

15. Cliff Mendrez profile image88
    Cliff Mendrezposted 11 years ago

Glad to see some writers here have seen an increase in traffic. Sadly, I experience the opposite. I have edited a lot of hubs over the last couple of months, hoping to further boost my traffic. But yesterday, my traffic went down by about 60%. I thought this was just another HP glitch but Google analytics shows the same downfall. There has been huge talk going on in the SEO world about a Panda update; this is probably the reason why some see an increase in traffic and others are left to figure out how to make their way back up again. I have tried to "test" Google's search engine, trying some random keywords and I'm quite disappointed with the results. Let us see where things would go in a couple of days.

1. francisassissi profile image60
      francisassissiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your update Cliff. I would wish only few of us hubbers experience a decrease in traffic. On my part, it still increasing and on and on with this account and my other HP accounts. Most of us here also has the experience.

1. fildi profile image61
        fildiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I was wondering if it was OK for me to have a business HP and a personal HP (2 separate accounts), or are you referring to something else. Sorry to be slightly off topic.

1. francisassissi profile image60
          francisassissiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can have multiple accounts here in HP but do not fool people around with your accounts like conversing as if they have different owners of the accounts.

16. profile image0

Well I do not know if this will help. I have been granted special permission to write about a group, group meetings, and such for a national organization. Only I do not know if it's allowed in Hubpages. I can certainly see how it would help boost visitors, especially from my area. Any ideas where to find out if this idea is allowed?

I guess you can write anything as long as you have the permission and no one file a complaints against your writings. That could boost some traffic. Also read HP FAQ and rules.

1. profile image0

Oh I do hope that is true. What is more activity brought forward by my hub. Could bring more activity for others here. Well I read FAQ, and I read the learning center. I can not find anything covering this. So here's hoping. Im writing the article now, well the first, and let's hope it does well, once I send it to the members of the organization. wink Good luck, and I really hope this helps everyone in the long run. HP please don't ban me! :nervous:

smile AA you can do it. Anyway, HP is listening to us. I also think you have the idea of drawing more traffic to the HP company.

1. profile image0

Well really it's quite simple I think. If you noticed my question I posted earlier in forums. Amazon does not operate their associate program in North Carolina now confirmed, and other states also confirmed. Which I also write an article about, since it's political, its a first for me, but since many companies basically black list my state. This creates an untapped market. Not all other writing sites may realize or care about. Which is where I will try to pull people in. Straight to hub pages, and everyone here. I mean if you were blacklisted due to no fault of your own, wouldn't you like to know? Wouldn't you like to know there is still hope for you to be able to participate in some way if you wanted to? I know I sure do! So keep writing everyone! This covers far more information than one person alone can write about. big_smile

17. profile image0

Alright hubers I published the first article, assuming HP lets it through, I will forward it to various 4-H groups for a studying source for their WHEP examines. Which will remain for years. There is only one problem, and this is what I noted before. When I went to URL link to other hubbers, there was very few hubs in this area to cover the various key points in the article. If you are looking for ideas to write about, and to slip in on the additional resource this can turn out to be, check it out, and let me know if you add additional factual information to link to. I would love to link back to some of you and help you with your traffic!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)