101 Reasons We Will Miss Simone

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 61 discussions (70 posts)
  1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Just wanted to start our own Thank You & We Will Miss You thread for Simone's last week.  Add a comment, and let's keep it going!  I'll start:

#1 - We will miss your dedication to the writers.  It's easy to tell you are sincere, and that means a lot.  Thanks!

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She's a good mentor on the apprenticeship program who provides excellent, detailed feedback.

2. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aww shucks!!
      You're too kind to me. Anything good I may have done for you is simply a result of your being helpful, active members of our community and creating such interesting, enlightening Hubs.
      I feel so lucky I have had the opportunity to meet and get to know y'all!
      I will miss you too, though I my digital door is and will remain open- you can always drop me a line. I'm here to help. big_smile

3. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Simone leaving??   I obviously missed this news due to being away for so long!  Say it isn't so!   WHY?  Where is she going?   
      Simone.....We are all going to MISS you terribly.  Your sweet smile and sunny disposition, AND ALL THE HELP YOU BRING US!! 
      I wish you the very best!   Please stop by to visit?!...........

2. Sheri Faye profile image79
    Sheri Fayeposted 10 years ago

She has been very helpful to us newbies by jumping into these forums and anserwing questions. Best wishes to you Simone!

3. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 10 years ago

I have a hub planned for this very thing, so I will save my reasons for its eventful launch. Thanks Marcy for inspiring folks to send her a massive message in a truly unique way, to say Goodbye as a community. Cool forum post! smile

"We love you Simone & you will surely be missed by us all."

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Simone's quick response to queries is something, I would really miss. Not only in Forums, but also by emails sent to her. Wish her all the best in future!
    And thanks Marcy for such a nice gesture. I hope Simone reads all the posts.
    Thanks!

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I will also miss Simone's incredible sense of personal style! 

Here's the Great Simone, at the Whole Foods Flagship store in Austin during SXSW week:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8037978_f248.jpg

1. Sheri Faye profile image79
      Sheri Fayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! She can sure rock a hat!

6. rebeccamealey profile image91
    rebeccamealeyposted 10 years ago

I'll miss her incredible hats and terrific smile! (:

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 10 years ago

I'll miss her cheerfulness, her dedication and her helpfulness!

1. teaches12345 profile image78
      teaches12345posted 10 years agoin reply to this

She was a caring support person. Will miss her presence on HP.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 10 years ago

Simone has always been so helpful and quick to reply to any questions or concerns I've ever had.

You'll be missed by so many of us Simone and I wish you all the best.

9. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 10 years ago

I'll miss the entertaining and funny hubs that Simone writes.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8038139_f248.jpg

10. susi10 profile image97
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Simone has brought so much character, wisdom and charisma to HubPages. Simone has written such energetic and fun hubs and has inspired me so much. We will all miss you Simone and best wishes for the future!

11. GoodLady profile image91
    GoodLadyposted 10 years ago

Simone is just so,personable, available, genuine and right on the ball.  Amazing person.  Absolutely one of a kind and even though Hub Pages is so huge feeling, Simone was there, always available and always helpful and friendly.  I don't want her out of my life.  She's a rising, shining STAR!  Weeeeeeeeeeee Simone.

12. cclitgirl profile image91
    cclitgirlposted 10 years ago

She's inspired me to wear bright colors.  She helped me get my start with online writing and always patiently answered my questions.  I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors; she's helped to make HubPages the great place it is today.  smile

13. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

She never sleeps so you can count on her answering at any time.....lol. We will miss you!

14. JayeWisdom profile image89
    JayeWisdomposted 10 years ago

Simone's fashion style lent a lot of color and charm to HP. Love those hats! Here's wishing Simone the best in her new venture.  Regards, Jaye

15. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

For those who don't know, Simone is all over youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INz7BwekPJo is just one example. I'm guessing there are maybe a 100 more. @Simone. I find you to be quite advanced. As an example, I never could do public speaking, I've tried, but am just unable. You are also living life to the fullest. Keep doing that. In fact, I haven't posted this in awhile, so I shall do so again.big_smile It is what I try to live by.

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

1. Sheri Faye profile image79
      Sheri Fayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Paradgimsearch thanks for posting that. I haven't read it for years and was just what the doctor ordered!

16. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I will miss Simone's infectious sense of humor!   She has the gift of saying just about anything in an upbeat and fun way, and that has given us many a ray of sunshine on the forums!

17. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 10 years ago

I will miss her Hats as well as Simone. I also liked the way she would handle the angry posts with such class! She has wayyyy more patience that I ever could with those. lol

18. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I appreciate all of the work she does at Hubpages. I don't think anyone will be able to keep up with the quick replies she gives.

19. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

She was good with the little ones. And not too irritable with the tweens and teens. There are no adults in these forums.

20. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 10 years ago

I think we will all miss the rapid responce that Simone gave in sorting out problems of some troubled hubbers.
    Wishing you well Simone in your next business adventure.
    LOL Ghaelach

21. chrissieklinger profile image76
    chrissieklingerposted 10 years ago

I will miss her funny pictures and smiling face, Simone is definitely one of kind and will be greatly missed by the HP community!

22. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 10 years ago

I will miss thinking this  - ' Oh good, Simone is on the case it will get sorted out soon ' when reading her name in the forum and it often made me think that.  I liked her level headed approach and maybe the interesting hats drew attention to it. Thank you and wishing you the best.

23. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I will miss the role model she has been for gracefully addressing questions, and always treating with respect those who ask them.

24. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 10 years ago

I will miss Simone's quick responses to questions, no matter how silly the question, she never made you feel ignorant or blonde. She always respected Hubbers whether they were just getting started or been here for 3 years. Well done job Simone and thank you for your time to help us all. You will do great at your new journey and I wish you well!

25. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I will miss the many excellent ways Simone has helped transform HubPages during her time here.  Her role in implementing the fantastic updates to the Learning Center is just one example of her gift for converting input from Hubbers to salient and relevant improvements to the site.

26. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

I will miss her sweet quirkiness that made her so genuine and original, truly one-of-a-kind. In fact, she's so original that I could never figure out where she's from - California? Australia? Is she American? She just has a way with words and expression that I found to be all her own. Her energy will be missed in this cyberspace. smile

27. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

Simone was one of the first to welcome me to HubPages and her encouragement of my first efforts here were a great inspiration to me to continue making hubs. I hope that she will return to visit us often.

28. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I agree, Sherry - she makes everyone feel so welcome!

29. btrbell profile image86
    btrbellposted 10 years ago

Good luck, Simone! I am sorry I didn't have the chance to get to know you better but have appreciated your help in the forums!

30. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 10 years ago

Here's a few reasons why we'll miss her:
    That bow.
    Her smile.
    Her funny posts.
    Her compassionate posts.
    Her compassionate and funny posts.
    Her friendliness.
    Like Sherry, I was hugely encouraged early on by Simone's friendly and supportive approach.

Thank you for all that Simone.

Still, in our family, we have a constant little Simone reminder because seeing her photo inspired one of my daughters to start wearing bows in her hair, and she's been wearing them almost every day since!

1. susi10 profile image97
      susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Melovy!
      This is an awesome post, can I include it in the hub I am making? See the post I said below for more details.

31. VirginiaLynne profile image92
    VirginiaLynneposted 10 years ago

Simone seems to be everywhere on HubPages and able to do just about anything.  I've loved her Hubs and her help to all the apprentices.  She is relentlessly upbeat, cheerful and fun.  I was encourged by reading her humor to try to add more of that to my own writing because I love to read her writing because it shows her personality.  Many good wishes to you!

32. watergeek profile image95
    watergeekposted 10 years ago

Simone always has a good word. Not only in the apprenticeship program, but also outside of it, she gives complimentary and genuine feedback. That and her optimism help fuel my own and keep me motivated to write. I've slacked off a little here, but am writing other places, building a freelance business. Simone helped validate my skills and I really appreciate that!

33. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Forgot to mention - Simone doesn't sleep.  I am sure of it.  No matter how early you get on the forum, she is always there.  And her answers are lucid - she is not Sleep-Posting (or whatever the Internet equivalent of somnambulism is).  I will miss that!

34. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 10 years ago

I will miss all the positive energy and helpful information Simone offered in such a diplomatic way when other hubbers were not quite so diplomatic. Good luck Simone..I know you will be successful:)

35. Alison Graham profile image94
    Alison Grahamposted 10 years ago

Simone has been an inspiration to new Hubbers, an encourager and motivator. I wish you well in all you do, Simone and every success for the future.

36. carter06 profile image67
    carter06posted 10 years ago

Wow! I don't know how I missed this!! but just want to wish you every good thing in your next adventure Simone and hope and pray that you have a ridiculously wonderful life journey..thanks for all your help..Cheers

37. Kasman profile image76
    Kasmanposted 10 years ago

I'm sorry guys. In my excitement to reply and the fact that I haven't been on here much in almost a week I skimmed to the bottom to hit reply. What the heck, why is Simone leaving? Simone's stormtrooper dating hub is one of my favorites and I don't want that humor to leave! Why is our world being turned upside down by this amazingly creative talent from my home state? You can't leave Simone. What would we do without your quick responses to our stressed out queries? Thank you for always being a huge help in any and every way!

38. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Not to state the obvious, but I will particularly miss Simone's patience with outspoken Hubbers here.  (Goes off to look in the mirror . . . ).

39. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 10 years ago

I think for me, it's the bow thing. I might have "bow withdrawals." lol

40. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I like that term, Habee - yes, I will suffer from Bow Withdrawal, too!

41. GwennyOh profile image92
    GwennyOhposted 10 years ago

I too am surprised and disappointed to hear Simone is leaving HP.  Awww...

42. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Bump!   We have several threads going!

43. Scribenet profile image62
    Scribenetposted 10 years ago

Simone caught my attention right from her start at HubPages. I knew she would be a force to be reckoned with...LOL. Those wacky, original and interesting topics; loved the one about being single!

Her wonderful genuine sense of humour and her ability to just be "out there" and do it with such aplomb! Those hats...oh my, and have you seen the Hub with her many expressions? As someone who draws...thank you! How did she know such a Hub was needed? Keyword search , I believe!

On forums she manages to smooth ruffled feathers and make us all feel "special".  Such a gift!

Maybe she should run for office. You think?

44. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 10 years ago

I always appreciated the way Simone answered my silly questions.  How will HP ever find another person to take her place??
    I'll miss seeing those god-awful, silly hats and bows in her hair!
    Simone, here's wishing you the very best that life can offer.  Don't be a strainger!

45. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I agree with Scribenet - Simone has just the right diplomacy to run for office and serve us well!  Yet another reason I will miss her!!!

46. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Bump - this is Simone's last day, in case anyone wants to leave some farewell words on how we will miss her.   I'm in denial, by the way!

47. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 10 years ago

Oh Simone, so sorry to see you going. You've been great to deal with, have been an inspiration to newbies and you were always available when I needed to ask questions, your prompt responses were always welcome. That's no mean feat with our different time zones!

Good luck Simone, thanks for inspiring us all.  smile

48. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

She's a diplomat. Something I'm not. Hence I think she's awesome!

49. Sheri Faye profile image79
    Sheri Fayeposted 10 years ago

Well...we could all join in virtual song...."for she's a jolly good fellow...." Come On...everyone sing!

50. susi10 profile image97
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I am making a hub about this and I would love to include all of your lovely quotes. Do you mind? Please tell me so I can have it published by tomorrow. Even a yes or no, will do.
    PS: Don't worry, I already know that Cloud Explorer is already making one. The more the merrier, I guess! Check back tomorrow, I will have the hub published.

1. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi susi10, yes, I'm fine with that.

1. susi10 profile image97
        susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

OK, thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)