jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Hub capsules stall when i try to upload

1. midget38 profile image90
    midget38posted 3 years ago

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this at the moment, but my capsules stall whenever I try to upload and I need to refresh a few times. Could this be rectified?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by 'stall'? Also does 'upload' mean when try to save the capsule?

midget38posted 3 years ago in reply to this

What happened today was that when I tried to save a video capsule, it would not save whatever video I chose. I needed to save, and then refresh the hub while in editing mode a few times as well.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82
          The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did you use a video which is allowed? When you edit the video capsule - before you enter it - you will see a short list of what you can use. Usually it is YouTube that is used mostly. Various Hubbers have had problems from time to time with them (even myself) but just keep trying with YouTube.

I have tried adding Youtube videos, but they have some problems loading. Unless it is a disallowed Youtube video I was not aware of. I have tried several and finally managed to find those that would load.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image97
              CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had a problem today.  When I went to create a new Hub, I got a warning that there was an Amazon, Ebay or link in the first capsule, which there was nothing yet.  I hadn't written anything except for the title.  I was very confused.  I deleted everything and started over.

I have had it happen too where the capsules don't seem to work.  They seem to be stuck.  What I do when that happens is I save unpublished and then edit.  That usually gets them unstuck.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
              Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So it sounds like you are using a video capsule in a Hub and some YouTube videos are not loading and that you are not actually uploading any content.  Is that accurate?

This could be related to the videos being marked private or not being enabled for embedding outside of YouTube.  If some videos work and others do not, this points to it being an issue with the videos and not the capsule.

Please review this information that includes some basic troubleshooting.
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

If you are still having problems, please provide us with as many details as you can so we can assist you further. For issue specific to your account it may be best to contact us directly here.
              http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

Thanks! I will take some time to go through these. Thanks for the help, Matthew.

working