Would I Have More Fans If I Were A Hot Chick?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)
  1. mdvaldosta profile image60
    mdvaldostaposted 15 years ago

Yes, that is the question. Amirite? Or Amiapig?
    (Do not promote your hubs in the forums.)

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello My Friend, It took me 15 months to gain that many fans, you are on the write track as 60 in 3 months is pretty good!! Keep writing and doing what you love to do and they will come.
      Thanks for listing me on your article , I don't know if I should be thankful or embarassed as I am very humble and believe I am just like everyone else. smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

umm, practice of opening threads to promote your hubs definitely will not make you more fans...

3. mdvaldosta profile image60

Yea cause I've done that alot. Twice now. But, point well taken. Start a new thread with a link to a hub in it = get a rude reply from Misha. And we don't want that.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why is that - your rants are not rude, and my remark is? I did not call you an idiot, I did not post a pic of presumably yours oversized balls, I did not demand you stop doing anything - I just pointed out that what you are doing does not lead to increase in fan base... How is that rude?

1. mdvaldosta profile image60
        mdvaldostaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it was your "tone" (if internet conversation can have such). It could have been thoughts of the last reply you made in one of my threads. Maybe it was the way your profile pic is looking down on me. Maybe I just got more bad news from my stock broker. I don't know, you just came across that way. No biggie, we'll try conversing again some other time. Maybe it'll go better.

2. sunstreeks profile image81
      sunstreeksposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I actually thought the same thing as Misha when I first opened this thread earlier today.. Self promo here is kinda of frowned on unless it is a hub that would be helpful to someone in a conversation already started.

It's just a good way to keep spam out of the forums. If it was okay to do every spammer would post their 50 hubs they just made in an hour here in the forums. It would get messy. After your here for awhile longer you'll appreciate some of the unsaid rules here =P

Misha just said something early. No worries, lesson learned.

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

OH no...  Another one of these kinds of fights...  MISHA!

MDvoldasta--  I'll become your fan (I think you already are one of mine).  Even tho I'm only 1/2 hot, lol....  smile

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image67
      TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your half is a lot more than most whole's.  smile

TMG

5. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

I am not hot at all, but don't want fans that way.  But I agree with Misha, who by the way is accomplished here, shouldn't use this to promote.  Your hubs are good on their own, give it time.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Umm, thanks for the pic hint - I think you are right, I need another one...

*scratches his head looking for a better pic*

7. mdvaldosta profile image60

And again I'll be more careful of trying to promote hubs via the forum. My intent clearly came off a bit wrong. I'm sure Misha can understand how that feels </wink>.

8. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

The question is, is this self promotion?

It's not like he's going to profit from the linking of the hub.

If anything it is just parody. And not just any kind of parody, but a cynical yet humorous look at HubPages. Which can't be a bad thing when handled correctly.

My only suggestion is that the Adsense ads are turned off in the hub. Not because I've got anything against people earning revenue, but it'll only deflate your CTR as far as Google Adsense goes, as most Hubbers are notoriously (and appropriately) Adsense blind.

9. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

@mvaldosta.

Yes, if you were a hot chick, you'd definitely get more fans.
    Nothing preventing you from trying a picture of a hot chick as your avatar.
    I understand that plenty of blokes on Hub Pages do it cool

(And if your avatar is a hot chick, then Misha would be one of your first fans cool )

And I've now joined your fanclub because I feel sorry for you!
    And I like a couple of your hubs.

10. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

Since i have a couple of models and fashion photographers as clients (and have usage rightsi think I am going to become a hot chick sometime within the week...good bye me...sunforged the hot chick is coming!

I was encouraged to check out the Op's hubs but i declined from becoming a fan...very broad interests you have, got to admit the articles read like software spun PLR's and not actual writing by a human..sorry if im wrong

"If there are advantages, there are also disadvantages of hair waxing. If you undergo waxing, you are most likely prone to hair ingrowns since it takes off the top layer of the skin."

... I dont think people really write like this? ...the hub specific hubs are written by you and have a completely different voice and tone then the other 40 that are all odd disjointed phrasing...of course my hubs are filled with odd disjointed phrasing..so once again sorry if im wrong

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Methinks you're spot on, sunforged cool
      Looking forward to the hot avatar. And giving you heaps about it!

11. mdvaldosta profile image60

Methinks you're right as well, some of the hubs were outsourced articles. Some were written by me. Probably 50/50. Mostly the ones in the "middle" of my time here. Very perceptive tongue

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Smart practice really, since you sourced them, your the creator and owner - so its cool with me

12. profile image0
    Direxmdposted 15 years ago

just got my surgery done--i'm a total babe now.

13. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

You will have more fans only if you write what they want and something unique that has not already been discussed.  And let me remember you that there are more than 130 photo hubbers in this site. Photos hubs get more visitors because those hubbers come up with new chicks everyday.But what you are doing is putting the old chickens in a new packet and trying to sell.

If you translate or rewrite original articles in another form just by changing the words and expect to have lot of visitors and fans, then please don't miss understand that you are a hero.

Your behaviour will only make people who are already your fans to quit your club.

14. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

The best way to get fans is to have, as a man, a picture of a hot chick as your avatar, and then publish nothing but hubs with Indian Actresses' pictures.

Yup, that's the way.  big_smile

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now you made me laugh , isn't that the truth and you also get a million hits!!!big_smile I would have to be on HubPages for 10 years to accomplish that task.:smile

15. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

;-)  I'm a laugh riot!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)