jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

"Google+ Is Walking Dead"? HubPages Was Right All Along?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

A very interesting read.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/24/google … king-dead/

Looks like we won't be seeing that G+ button on our hubs anytime soon.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I find G+ confusing and have never really had any success with it, if it goes the way Bebo did, I won't miss it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was never thrilled with that circles thing either. But I'd always thought that everyone else was fine with it. I guess a lot of people after all weren't too happy with it. Oh, well. Somehow I think Google will survive. Personally, I can't see any way to profit from this news, so I guess it's a non-event.

2. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Google+ has some good forums for posting articles, but a lot them are very restrictive in what they allow to be posted.  All in all, Google+ is a pretty good concept that just hasn't caught on with enough people.  It's just not as fluid as Facebook and Twitter when you are reading it.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

I used to use Google+ more often to promote my Hubs and articles elsewhere, but it  has not enhanced my Google traffic that I can see.  My most viewed hub, for a third year running is showing my main traffic coming from Yahoo and Bing, then Google.  So the Google+ sharing aspect has not helped that particular hub:

Note: this is a seasonal hub and the third one.  A new one is published annually and these stats are from this year's one.

search.yahoo.com: 5733
    bing.com: 4673
    google.com: 2923
    dalehyde.hubpages.com: 196
    google.co.uk: 70
    hubpages.com: 53
    google.ca: 51
    info.com: 45
    lcdwriter.hubpages.com: 43
    google.de: 37
    r.duckduckgo.com: 32
    google.com.jm: 28

With that being said, I do know that when I share my articles or the articles of other's using the Google+ share button, that share will show up in Google searches... at least I can see it.