jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

RESOLVED: Capsule edit delay from edit to published change

  1. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

    This was discussed In a recent thread that has been closed to further posts and marked as fixed.  I was one who never had this problem, UNTIL TODAY.

    So the problem is back, or was not fixed for all types of capsules.

    I had updated the text portion of a link capsule in a hub. I saved the hub. And the published version did not show the changes. I went back into edit and the changed showed up. But when I again saved the hub and looked at the published version, it was not changed.

    As an experiment I tried changing text in a text capsule. After saving the hub and examining the published version, I saws the changed text. But the changes to the text in the link capsule STILL did not show up.

    So this indicates that the problem still exists with changes to link capsules, and maybe others.

    1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

      Hi Glenn,

      Sorry you are seeing delays in changes you made to your Hub reflecting in the published content.

      The previous issue was not related to a specific capsule or capsule type, but was a cache issue that we deployed a fix to address.

      There was a very brief issue with the site earlier, so it is possible you may have been editing that capsule at that time.

      Please share the Hub title and/or URL.
      Is it isolated to the link capsule?
      Is it one link capsule or multiple?
      Please provide one or more example link capsules.
      Screenshots are a great way to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
      Include this information in a message to team@hubpages.com and I can look into it further.

      1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

        I just sent the requested details by email. Thanks.

    2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 24 months ago in reply to this

      Good news!

      I have been working with our engineering team today, and we were able to reproduce the issue.
      So hopefully we can find a solution now that we can see the issue.
      I will let you know when I have more information, but you can email me at team@hubpages.com as well.

      Thanks again for your patience!