When I try to edit a capsule, it won't let me save changes

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)
  1. thisspice profile image68
    thisspiceposted 12 years ago

This just happend late last night when I was writing a couple of new hubs. I published one and then when I started writing another, when I'd go back to one of my capsules and try and edit it, it won't let me save or even discard the changes. The buttons don't work at all, and when I do click on either button, the pop-up capsule indents itself to the right of the screen everytime I click it. It's wierd and obnoxious and I can't do anything. Does anyone have any solutions? Otherwise I can't edit or write any new hubs!

1. jimmythejock profile image84
      jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there is a problem that the hubpages engineers are working on, I have the same problem but fixed it by installing firefox, when the bug is fixed i will go back to internet explorer.....jimmy

thisspiceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy, thanks for the reply. Guess I will start using Firefox as well!

thisspiceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy, I just switched to Firefox and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the idea, I was going crazy because I had an almost finished hub that I was working on that needed just a few more tweeks before being published and I finally was able to get it done!

Glad to help, firefox also works better with facebook lol good luck with your hubs and have a good day.....jimmy

2. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 12 years ago

I've just found this issue too, so clearly it's not been fixed just yet.  smile

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The issue for me happens on IE7 at work - sadly i cannot use FF at work! I have no problems at home with IE9 or FF.

3. thisspice profile image68
    thisspiceposted 12 years ago

SimeyC, the real question now is, why are you hubbing at work?? huh??? LOL J/K

My issue too is that I have an older, slower laptop that clearly has issues of its own, and I have downloaded IE9 a few different times and it says that it's installed properly, but things like the above happen and also when I sign into my yahoo mail, it says that I am still not using IE9, although when I go to download it again, it says I've already got it. So who knows! But Firefox is definitely the way to go!

LOL shhhh don't tell the boss! Seriously - I get to work about 45 minutes before I start and also work on hubs during lunch and breaks - thus I can get a good 2 hours work done on hubs!!!

1. ezhang profile image82
        ezhangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey SimeyC,

Assuming that you don't have permission to install programs on your work computer, you can find something called "Firefox Portable" which will allow you to use a standalone version of Firefox on the computer, or from a flash drive. This isn't a permanent solution, but hopefully could work for you temporarily.

ezhang: it's an idea - but I have to ensure that any flash drive that I use is fully encrypted!

BUMP any update on this problem!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
              Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, not yet. I don't know when engineering will be able to debug this, Simey.

It does look like, based on preliminary work, that it only affects IE. Can you use Chrome or any other browser? (I know you said Firefox wouldn't work)

The problem is that it's my companies policy to use IE7 at work - I'l; just have to save my work in Word and create the HUbs at home!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
                  Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about this, Simey. Edward says that IE9 should be fine, and possibly IE8, too. Maybe you could lobby your IT department to upgrade? big_smile

They will be upgrading but as you probably know with big corporations they are usually one or two versions behind the current version! I think we have a window of about six months to upgrade!

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 12 years ago

I'm using IE9 - gave up on Firefox a couple of years ago as half if it wouldn't work properly with other software.

5. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

I found a workaround for IE7

Hold CTrl and Enter down and then click the button - may take a couple of times to work!

This seems to save for me!!!

6. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Thank you, Simey! This will help others who are using IE7, and also hopefully help our engineers who are looking at this problem to figure out the cause.

Simey's post here:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81779#post1764073

7. ezhang profile image82
    ezhangposted 12 years ago

Could everyone try again to see if their capsules work now? I think I've solved the problem...

I use IE 9 and still cant save capsules except in firefox even in chrome they wont save .....jimmy

8. LearnFromMe profile image85
    LearnFromMeposted 12 years ago

As of last night on my laptop, I couldn't save simply by clicking. I had to put the arrow over the save button and hit enter for it to work..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)