jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is the report flag not functioning?

1. Austinstar profile image76
    Austinstarposted 17 months ago

I flagged a hub over 5 days ago in the 'abuse' category, requesting that this hub be taken down as a personal attack. After 3 days, it was still up and gathering a lot of attention with lots of name-calling and more innuendos towards me.
    I had tried to ignore it, but I lost my temper and got into a huge fight with the author on that page and said quite a few things that I now regret, of course. So, I flagged the hub again in the abuse category. And for good measure, I flagged it in the 'low quality' category.
    This hub now has 610 comments that are are all derogatory and has dragged in more and more hubbers to sling more mud.
    I have apologized to the hub author, I have closed the Q&A that 'offended' him (I later reopened this question however) and I have asked the author to remove the hub.
    He responded by taking the same 'fight' to another hub and just simply refuses to take down his hub.
    So, I'm guessing that there is a problem with the flagging system?

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Hi Austinstar and Happy Sunday,

The flagging system is functioning as far as I can tell. Typically flags get reviewed within a few hours (sometimes a bit longer if content is flagged overnight), and it takes a bit longer on the weekends. Please feel free to email us if you'd like specific information about this Hub (I've snipped it from your post).

Thank you!

2. Link10103 profile image79
      Link10103posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Dunno, there's even some hate speech thrown into the mix.

I was directly insulted like 10 times on my own hub. Reported it but it didn't seem to do anything. I've been banned from forums and Q&A for saying much less within a 6 hour time span.

Speak of the devil though, the post is down...but he has another one that pretty much puts all the "evil Christian haters" on blast that commented on the original post. Such a damn hypocrite...

2. Austinstar profile image76
    Austinstarposted 17 months ago

She said the flagged hubs are supposed to be reviewed in a few hours. Why did this one take over a week? Thanks, Link. Maybe YOU are the one with the 'juice'!

Closed to reply