jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Has Editbot been banished? No Sign of Changes

1. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 12 months ago

Based on the Topic Omelets and Egg Dishes => http://hubpages.com/food/omelets-and-egg-dishes/1500
    which still includes a sprinkling of omelet (hated by Editbot) and omelette (UK spelling the bot loves), it appears that Editbot has been banished. Is the bot due for a revival? Was the trial unsuccessful?

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Editbot was not run on Topic pages. I also disabled the omelette/omelet rule. We will be running another round of Editbot corrections soon, so stay tuned! smile

1. paradigm search profile image81
        paradigm searchposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Just kidding, I don't think anybody still hates the little critters anymore. big_smile

1. Silva Hayes profile image95
          Silva Hayesposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I'm okay with the ones in the text; I can see where they are useful, but I do not like the ones in the "comments" section.

1. Solaras profile image92
            Solarasposted 12 months ago in reply to this

If it is making the corrections, which I assume it is, then I have no problem with them cleaning up messed up comments.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I ignore the black "bots" (the comment ones) now.  I find that nine times out of ten, the bot's correction is right, which means my comments are more correct than they were before - so I'm happy to leave them that way.