jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Forum Homepage

1. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to either divide up the Latest Posts into sections? The latest 10 or 15 results for the Official subforums, and the latest 25 or more for the By Category.

Or could we have a page that is just a feed of the latest posts for Official HubPages Announcements; Need Help? Ask here.; Knowledge Exchange; Report a Problem or Suggest a New Feature; The Hubber's Hangout.

I'd be bookmarking it as the first place I visited.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That might be a good idea-- if it means what I think you mean.

It used to be that when I went to forums, i immediatetly clicked latest posts, which is what we now have on the right side.

I think it is good to make that feature prominent, because sometime posts that don't get an immediate reply, are quickly buried in a category.

2. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I think that would be a better layout too darkside.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Either I did not understand, or I disagree. I actually like them all in one place, and if I am interested in a particular forum I can go there...

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They'd still be all in one place, but easier for those interested in making hubs, asking hub questions, sharing hub knowledge to see that and not worry about being involved in the HP Forums as a contact sport.

4. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Personally, I like the new format.  Before, I'd only visit Hubber's Hangout and miss interesting threads from other forums.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Well, then may be the second part of your proposal works better for everybody. I definitely don't mind having an extra aggregation page targeted on help aspects - as long as it does not replace the current forums page smile

6. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I just check out the individual pages. Most of the time the newest posts and replies are in sections I don't care about. That or the topic is not something I have an interest in. It's so much easier to just click the different sections and see the newest posts in that section.

I don't even pay attention to the right side of the forum home page.

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

When I got to preview the new site layout, my biggest complaint was with the changes in the forums.  I have no way of either highlighting the topics I'd really rather follow or eliminating the topics I'd prefer to avoid.

There's no way for an individual to separate what they consider the wheat from the chaff.

1. Whitney05 profile image64
      Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ditto!

working