jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

The Niche Sites Are Killing My Stats

1. misterhollywood profile image90
    misterhollywoodposted 6 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13045784.png

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but ever since my hubs were moved to some of the niche sites, my numbers have crashed. And so I'm wondering about your experience has been so far?  Will things change or do I need to give it more time?

1. erorantes profile image34
      erorantesposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hello mister Hollywood. Perhaps, it is time to start making new hubs. A few people had the same situation with the numbers. The reason, the new sites needs to sing in. A few people do not connect fast, so they go somewhere else to read; where, they do not need to sing in. Good luck with your numbers.

misterhollywoodposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the tip. Perhaps I'll try this!!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Which sites have your Hubs been transferred to?

It seems to me that some of the niche sites are doing very well indeed, but others are not. My own theory is that it comes down to the way they've put subjects together.

The whole reason that niche sites work is, basically, keywords.  When you write a Hub, I'm sure you try to use a variety of different keywords related to your subject, because you know that will attract Google.  When you write a whole website about that subject, you can use a vast range of keywords  and that impresses Google even more!

Pethelpful is doing well - that's because "Pets" is genuinely a single broad subject area.  Google can look at that site and see hundreds of keywords, all about animals. 

But look at Feltmagnet.  Google looks at the keywords on that site and thinks, "Oh, it's about crafts.  No wait, it's about fine art.  No wait, it's about photography."  I haven't heard any positive feedback from people whose Hubs are on that site yet.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

DenGarden and caloriebee are doing good.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Yes, and I'd expect that because caloriebee is about diet and exercise, which are natural bedfellows.  Dengarden would, in my opinion, do even better as two separate sites (one for home and one for garden) but they are often put together so it's not too bad.

2. misterhollywood profile image90

Thanks, Marisa. Very helpful. While it's nice to read others experiencing positive bumps, few here offered insight that helped me to understand the potential "why" behind the numbers. I'm going to audit the transfers and compare to the niched to see themes. Thanks again!!!

2. agilitymach profile image100
    agilitymachposted 6 months ago

As I've said on other posts on the forum, my numbers have skyrocketed.  REALLY skyrocketed.  I'm sorry yours have tanked.

Maybe it's just that mine have not indexed or something but I can't say it's been good news. Glad yours are benefitting.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 6 months ago

I've seen a huge increase in traffic from the technology/science niche site. The name works very well too.

4. belleart profile image94
    belleartposted 6 months ago

My traffic has over tripled and only 4 hubs were transferred to 2 sites. I am over the moon. I've waited four years for this kind of growth and its definitely been worth it.  I have something like 70 odd hubs but these four are now my top earners, I'm getting lots of feedback and comments.

5. NateB11 profile image90
    NateB11posted 6 months ago

My experience is that a move to a niche site improves traffic for my Hubs or they stay what they've been. I do think it takes time. There is usually an adjustment with the Google search engine when changes are made to a site.

One of my Hubs that had fallen in the search results climbed back up after it was moved to a niche site. At any rate, my point is you probably just need to give it some time. There are a lot of variables though, as others have pointed out. Like subject matter.

Thanks Nate that makes sense. They say patience is a virtue - I need a dose of that.

1. tlcs profile image81
        tlcsposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Me too!

working