jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can HubPages be used as a daily blog?

1. dextermichaels profile image59
    dextermichaelsposted 7 years ago

My wife really likes the HubPages system and is getting ready to start a weight loss blog with short, but daily, updates.

Is HubPages an OK place for this, or would you recommend somewhere else like Blogger, WordPress, etc?

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I'd say that it'd be a very clunky way to use it. But using it as a hub about weight loss with short, daily updates could work as it would stick to the one theme or train of thought.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

clunky lol never heard that word before ,I like it ,think Im gonna keep it.

Good luck with weight loss hub or blog too.

3. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

HubPages is not designed for blogging.  Hubs are generally longer than blog entries and are meant to be more like magazine articles.  You wouldn't normally start a Hub, then keep on adding to the same Hub - you would write a Hub about a topic, finish it, publish it, then start a new one.

That's what Darkside means by it being clunky.  Blogger and Wordpress.com are blogging platforms meant for blogging, so I would say they would be a better option.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Maybe if she wrote a seperate hub each day or once or twice a week.  More like a hub, less like a blog.

5. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

I'm with Marisa.  Hubs are meant to be one-time article-length pieces.  Blogger or Wordpress is the place for what your wife wants to do.