What does it mean when he says " I need some space" ??

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (48 posts)
  1. stacies29 profile image70
    stacies29posted 14 years ago

What does it mean when he says " I need some space" ??

1. goldentoad profile image59
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means, he needs space. Men are uncomplicated that way.

2. Capable Woman profile image61
      Capable Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"one day..he gon say "you crowding my space..
      one day..he gon say "you crowding my space...
      so..pack light!"

-Erykah Badu

3. RKHenry profile image65
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I've used that line, it means your not worth putting up with. So don't call me.  Don't talk to me.  Go away. 

I'm tired of you and your petty shit.  That's what means for me.

2. Capable Woman profile image61
    Capable Womanposted 14 years ago

Usually, it means "See ya".

Please see my post in the "One way to be married for life" forum.

Good luck.

3. JamaGenee profile image77
    JamaGeneeposted 14 years ago

Definitely "See ya" but doesn't have the nerve to say so.

4. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

The relationship is fading.

5. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

Stacie, join the 100 hubs in 30 days and get him off your mind.  The challenge started May11th.  Maybe you are not an Adam Lambert.

6. mandybeau profile image57
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

Means perhaps he needs a Bigger House, and more room for his Hot new Chicky Baby. Fancy even asking the question.....It is as plain as the nose on your face.
    Give him all the space he needs by the following procedure,
    1 Cut the legs off all of his pants, remove the zips next, be as rough as you like, it aint going to affect you.
    2 Pick up the whole lot smear it with fish oil, put in Garbage Bags and place at the letter Box.
    3 Take all his other stuff and on a day it looks inclement, put it all out again by the Letterbox.
    It is perfectly reasonable, before doing any of these things to ask him for his credit card for one last Blow!
    Then he will have all the space he needs, and you will have even more. Plus there will be a considerable space in his bank account also, may inconvenience him,albeit temporarily, could even mean he only had one set of clothes for a short while.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You bad bad wahine...roflmao ,make that wahine toa ( hey btw Maori is not a second language, it is a recognised official language alongside English!
      (still giggling)

1. mandybeau profile image57
        mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kia Ora, Hows America Wahines don't come alot badder, sad question tho. Hell us Kiwis handle things really differently thn the Yanks, I kind of couldn't believe the question was being asked.
        Would they even survive out here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwis are resilient hell yes but baby our American sisters more than likely just put a cap in his ass...lol

Really so they have balls of steel, Brilliant....... didn't know that. Mind u hard to get a Gun here. If I'd known that I would have said b low the legs off while he's in them. No that is bad lol.

damn girl! lmao...ok no you didnt mean that but hey Granny woulda done that on the Hillbillys and well...
              hey you would be lots of fun answering the other question ( on the forum)..."Its Time To Send Them Back" man someone on there wants "their space back" or is it their place back ...
              anyway behave you naughty lil kiwi didnt ya see the headlines Pres.Obama called our Mr Keys ,so he might be comin your way for a Hangi  and cant have them tane's diggin the pit with half mast pants !...lol...lol

I'll get O'Bama a nice Room at the Rat Hole if hes into comfort, they have rooms with a loo nowadays. hhaha

2. mandybeau profile image57

We are now officially Bi-Lingual, we are not allowed to say Official solely because, it separates pakeha English from New Zealand maori........... and we are now looking very hard into the spelling of Maori words, because some of them have been incorrectly penned through history and don't mean the same as they are meant to.

kk I gotcha...but ripped off still means ripped off right ..hehe

I think New Zealand is addressing it matters in a Democratic way, like setting up the Land court stuff and getting rid of all the old settlers  Rip Offs that happened, but Mejicans have always been there I wrote on that forum that guy is seriously slow that just keeps saying Why don't u just tell me.

2. JamaGenee profile image77
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What great ideas, Mandy!  ROTFLMAO!!! lollollol

I have done the cut off legs on my Ex after he went out drink driving, kept him indoors awhile so I had to leave as I could handle his whining........ He sewed them together so he could go to Town and buy more. Didn't do a bad job either.........

7. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

It also might mean that he's feeling overwhelmed and needs a little bit of time ("space") and actual space (breathing room) to think clearly, with no pressure.  If he says he "needs space" he's definately feeling pressure, from somewhere.  It may be from you, it may be from somewhere else.  But if you push to find out which, you will only be adding pressure.  Give him space.  Wait for life, luck, Fate or God to deal you your next card.  And for God's sake, don't act on the advice of people on the Internet who know NOTHING about your situation.

Nah he wamnts space give him the flick!!!!!!!!!!!Stuff political correctness.......

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How does allowing someone space to sort through a flurry of emotions constitute "political correctness?"  Or am I reading your response wrong?

2. Laughing Mom profile image61
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep. That's the one.

8. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

I agree with Shades. Even Kahlil Gibran said about marriage that  "Let there be spaces in your togetherness".

First you can try observing what is disturbing him(is there any job insecurity or some other thing bothering him). Then create a mood i.e., his favorite meal or movie/games outing. Once he is relaxed then just have an open heart to heart talk and if he feels you are over bearing on him (calling him too often on cell or interrupting him while he is busy doing what he loves...). Sometimes things may not be as bad as we imagine it to be. Whatever it is that you find after that "talk" please go easy and take it slowly(decisions taken on pure emotion may not always be the best decisions). smile

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Gabrielle sings this song  that reminds me so much of this post.

I regret not doing the credit card thing ,why oh why was I so "ms do the right thing" back then lol

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74

If he wants space, someone should send him to N.A.S.A !!

1. countrywomen profile image59
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one!! If NASA doesn't entertain him then maybe our alien friends might chip in to help wink

that is so cute lol lol beam me up scotty lmao!!

1. countrywomen profile image59
          countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

EK when you are here we don't have to go to "space" to see http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8162/star2ot0.gif when right in front of us we have onehttp://img530.imageshack.us/img530/745/startt6.gif

11. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Just give him his space and maybe he will realise it is more fullfulling with you in it. Don't be immature, it's not pretty. Be a woman, give him his sapce and you take some time too and do whatever you want.  Sounds like he is trying to get a reaction out of you.  Walk away.  He if loves you he'll come back, if he don't he never did.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I think it really depends on how honest the whole relationhip has been.
    Often one person ( usually the woman) feels betrayed and thrown aside ,hence the anger ,or alternatively she turns the anger inward and hurts herself.

Guys need to be more honest and sure the truth hurts but dont say I need more space ,thats pretty immature. Say it like it is!

13. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

When they say they need space, it means they just ain't that into you and don't want to hurt you by telling you that, so they hope by saying they need space, you will find someone else in the time apart and move on and they'll be off the hook.

14. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 14 years ago

I am probably going to regret posting this, but this is true - I swear!

The fact is that it is not only men who say this to women - sometimes, ladies, it is the man who is the innocent party. Believe me - I know!!!

It means that he/she is a bare faced liar without the courage of their own convictions to simply tell the truth. It is all very well to make pathetic excuses - that is simply all they are. Making this comment is simply the first pathetic admission of commiting adultery or its effective equivalent.

My advice to those who say this is (whether they be male or female): go and jump off a cliff you lying cheat - you will have plenty of space then!

very well said !!!

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Naw, sorry--the phrase is context specific and really depends on the situation.  (And really, really seems dependent on the poster's bad experiences here, actually.)

Could mean, though, that a woman (b/c it's absolutely not gender specific) just needs to get the hell away for a while to go sit by the ocean and think.  Which has nothing to do with anything evil--just space--because honeslty too much domesticity and togetherness can clog one's mind.

And why, why is it always assumed men need 'space?,' plus that adultery thing?  It's sooooo--clingy.

How was that for political correctness?  wink

I think there is a huge difference between hey I need some space to clear my head a bit ( most of us do that automatically) without the drama of "I need some space" which I believe the post was about ,correct me if Im wrong...

too much domesticity and togetherness can clog one's mind.
        It sure can ,too much of anything can clog ones mind...
        So can too much b/s ,and as far as it being a gender issue , yes , but men seem to ask for it more ,thats a fact ( and it was a 'he' refered to in the post0

15. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Sometimes it could be a bad thing but not always it just could be he needs to spend some more time in his man cave to think things through, but when he comes out of the cave its all good.

Man Cave now that sounds a bit gay.

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74

My God you are fast kare!! lol I ducked off to grab a bite and youd done the rounds...blessed all the happy hubbers and growled here n there too..hehe
    Pity ya cant vote in the forums cuz Id give ya two thumbs up!! easy peasy..

'You must be from NZ comment'....roflmao

17. Eaglekiwi profile image74

..Yea meant to add something but it probably belongs on the other question so wil pop over there soon as I finish this flounder (lol) guess what I found from NZ here in the big ole American Supermarket-Orange Roughy ( labelled NZ)...got all emotional over a fish lol

18. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 14 years ago

Ah well, there is a saying in the UK, "In for a penny, in for a pound!"

Now I know that I am really going to regret posting!

My ex and I moved from one part of the UK last summer to another. In the process of our move, I tore the Trapezium muscle in my left shoulder. Believe me, that hurts like Hell - you can neither sit down nor lie down. I was swallowing God knows how many painkillers a day plus a lot of single malt!

Only much later did I find that the immediate "work meetings" that had instigated "our" move became a case of her lying with her legs in the air in her "colleague's" hotel room! I later found out that this began five days after our move while I was laid up in agony.

The absolute truth here is that I am no angel and never have been - but one thing I can do, ladies and gentlemen, is hold my hand across my heart and say that I am not a liar. I have never cheated like she did to me and obviously now never will - as the chances of me ever getting involved in another relationship are equivalent to those of Scotland winning the next World Cup!!!

Ahhhh.......well no doubt Mandys procedure bought a manaical grin to your face then......I know it did mine...love your sense of humour too!! great strength and another thing New Zealand will win the next World Cup (again) and if that dont get a bite I dont know what will...lol

Newe Zealand has already booked the Venue, and its going to be huge, We are clearing out the whole Centre of Wellington, and putting up a Huge Marquee. LOL

19. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Ah, GH...  Give it time....lol, and space.  The best you can do.  Also to say--in the end it isn't worth your feeling lousy for decades or anything, really.

And absolutely, women cheat--I actually know of more women in my immediate sphere who have cheated--not men.  It absolutely is not just a guy thing.  I think (and sorry to say this, though I think it is true) women just talk about mens' infidelity more.

I know too of women who cheat( and of course they do) but significantly more men do,whether they talk about it or not.

20. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

It probably means, "If you want to hang around while I sleep with other women; maybe I'll give you a call now and then."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)