jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Looking to Network With Writers Who Wanna Make Movies...

1. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I'm an aspiring director. Most of the time I like to write about stuff that I would love to be seen made into a movie. Anyone in here with the same interests?

2. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 7 years ago

movies..? your making a movie? wow..

3. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I would love to.

4. Princess Kari profile image60
    Princess Kariposted 7 years ago

good luck, hope it works out. sounds like an awesome idea, i'm sure lots of people will reply

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Get yourself involved in local filmmaking competitions. Go from being an aspiring director to an inspired director.

6. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I don't enjoy writing scripts. It's something quite odd, considering that I've always been told I'm a good (if not great -- bah!) writer (and yes, I'm modest. I honestly think people are lying to me most of the time sad ) AND that I should have gone into acting as a career instead of choosing to be a stay at home mom.

I act, whenever I can. If there are skits at church (when we're attending), I try to be involved. Give it a year or two and if I'm not pregnant I will be involved in community theatre. If I can get extra work that pays enough for me to get a sitter (reasonably anyway), I will take that work, too.

I'm not particularly interested in film. I've test-driven commercials and I've been in a couple of impromptu local commercials before. No real acting, just an interview type of thing when I was very young. The stage is... Life. It's like air to somebody like me. I miss it desperately and there is a deep sadness that I can't get back there. Soon.

I direct as well. Given a cast of my choosing, I'm not half bad as a director. If I'm not doing the casting... Well, that can be an entirely different story.

I wish you the best of luck with your interests! Since I am not local to you, I don't think I can be of any help!