jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

DO U Believe ?Future prediction by people..

1. apeksha profile image60
    apekshaposted 7 years ago

..palmistry, planetary positions...
    Black magic..etc

2. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

My Aunt used to read tea leaves left after you drank the tea and she was amazing at predicting things, and I mean loads of things.

1. sunstreeks profile image83
      sunstreeksposted 7 years ago in reply to this

my great grandmother did the same thing with a very high accuracy rate I'm told. The story always gets told with her saying something was going to go wrong with a couples steering wheel. Then it did, and it put them into a tree.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Errrr ... Apeksha I'm on the fence with that kind of thing.

I have experienced the oaccsional paranormal event but I'm afriad I'm the worlds biggest realist. I always manage to rationalise everything. I don't know why I do that/this/it.

Maybe it's a talent ... or maybe I'm a cynic? smile

The nearest to believing anything of that nature in my world is Kabbalah related ... numerology and the like. And that's probably because I like numbers. They're reliable for one wink

4. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

a friend got a prediction that he'll have two boys born to him in five years, soon after which we learned that he is actually gay...

1. frogdropping profile image85
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

2. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

What a bummer smile

3. apeksha profile image60
      apekshaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

me 2 get the predictions of future...
      and all that happened as he told me...
      feeling bad...

5. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Before I converted to Christianity, I was a reader. I never got the grip on palmistry, but cards I was a whiz kid. I loved it. But I never read the future, only the personality, present issues, and offered some experiential advice based on the information I got.

And I was accurate 90% of the time. Becoming a Christian was almost an excuse though -- I hated the constant demands for (free) readings from friends, as they could be quite draining.

I've had a few precognitions over the years, too. Hate that as well. Trouble is I can't tell the difference between the precog and a regular dream until it comes true.

1. apeksha profile image60
      apekshaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh! nice to here that u know card reading...since childhood how u learned in such a small age...anyone must taught u ..isnt it?

6. Raven King profile image61
    Raven Kingposted 7 years ago

Famous ones Bertha Benedict, Silvia Browne.
    But I think most people get fairly accurate predictions from their dreams.

7. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

The only predictions I pay attention to are predictions based on analysis of trends and data; environmental predictions, technology predictions, and some financial predictions.  That doesn't mean that I believe them out of hand, but I will listen to them.

8. FunFacter profile image55
    FunFacterposted 7 years ago

I dont believe in it.
    But looking at it from a standpoint of randomness some predictions are just an average of what could happen based on stats.

9. DennisBarker profile image59
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

I just answered a hub request with this hub:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Psychic-Predict … -disasters

That one also gives some of my experiences over the years.

10. 60
    CabinGirlposted 7 years ago

Well I knew you were going to post this question, my mind can see the future and I often experience Deja Vu, did I just say that ?