Well crud.

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I've been on a kick lately of posting my songs/poetry for the community to see, and tonight I posted one of my more angry poems..

and got my very first thumbs down.  No comment left, just a hit and run.  While it made me a little sad, having had a perfect track record so far (48 thumbs up so far!) I realize that it was bound to happen someday. 

Here's to hoping that the next time I get a thumbs down it comes with constructive criticism and isn't just a hit and run.

I hope everyone out there in the Hubpages community is having a lively and productive night!

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I've got 52 up and 17 down.

Don't worry about it.

Some of my best performing (and in my opinion my best quality) hubs have attracted a thumbs down.

Either it's random (more than one person who for some reason or another found something wrong or incorrect on the hub) or its one person jealous of my awesome talent big_smile

Like I said, don't worry about it. Hopefully the Thumbs Down Bandit has their fill of satisfaction. If my content didn't make them happy hopefully they derived enough pleasure from the negative action to make them feel worthwhile.

3. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

My first two rates ever were hit and run thumbs down - and on the hub of mine that got featured in the newsletter. I really would rather get some constructive criticism, and the lack of comments makes me suspicious that its just other users trying to downrate me.

Other than that, I have had no more thumbs down. However, no positive comments have been made either, so I really don't have any feedback. It kinda sucks but I guess I'll have to wait a little while.

And a question, is HP an appropriate place to publish stories and poems? Because I'd love to be able to put them somewhere with traffic and that will earn me 'ongoing royalties' as the front page says =]