What to do in such case? HUBPAGES copied

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. nilum profile image62
    nilumposted 14 years ago

Hellow Readers
    Thanks for your time in advance.
    Some days ago my brother decided to publish only islamic hubs and he got a local book which has approx 9 chapters and 10,000 topics inside, He typed whole night and published 9 hubs at the same time and then after publishing he realized that hub pages says that 5 of the 9 is copied; then he searched on internet and found that that book is available in internet but a very very minor part..
    chapters are completely available in website format and about 100 topics are available but other are not, he has workded hard to type very much of the book; he also doesnt want to delete the hubs because of his work and he's also worried that hubpages is saying its copied :-(

What should he do in such case ?
    Help me out plz/

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is saying it is copied because it is copied. Not really seeing how you can call copying a bunch of religious ramblings as "work," though.

Hubpages will always penalize hubs that have been stolen from elsewhere, but unless you are selling something with links I do not think they will force you to delete them.

1. nilum profile image62
        nilumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But Mark
        The book is published by local author and the person who has typed and gave it on web is also copied from that book, the book is not copy right of any one; actually he's worried that he need to re type or  change the words and it would take a lot of time

Oh dear - well if your brother doesn't want to spend any time doing any work he is going to have to accept that some one else stole the work first and beat him to it.

And if it is a published book - why is there no copyright?

Either way - if it is already published on the internet - hubpages will penalize you for reproducing the same work again

1. nilum profile image62

Its not copy righted because its islamic Book and the Author aimed to spread the knowledge of Islam everywhere.. Well; mark, as per my perception you have great knowledge about Hubpages, What would happen if he doesn't listen to me and publish the remaining he typed
            2ndly i want to know how can i have amazon account and also ebay?
            how does they pay?
            and one more thing i would like to ask you
            I have seen many persons on hubpages who has profile with buttons like featured hubs, favorite hubs. after how many hubs i can have it?

Great - another religionist intent on spreading the good news by reproducing the same stuff over and over and over until some one cracks. lol

Like I said in my first answer - you will be penalized but I do not think hubpages will force you to delete them unless you are trying to make money from them.

If you are, as I think you are - based in Pakistan - I very much doubt you will be able to open an Ebay account. Probably not Amazon or Adsense either.

1. rizrazi profile image58
                rizraziposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark
                You must not laugh at anyone's feeling about spreading it's religion..

Why not? I work for the One True God - FSM. 

Ramen.

True God is inside yourself
                    you may refer to my hub; find God within you

2. rizrazi profile image58

I agree with you
              Look, if your brother's aim is to spread Islamic knowledge then why are you or your brother  is worried of it that content is copied or not?
              As Mark said that you will not be able to earn with Ebay, Amazon or Adsense - leave the earning motive from your mind and do what is your Aim ..
              I mean post those hubs, even if hubpages delete hubs of your brothers; before deleting at least there must be one visitor of those hubs.
              Right ?

2. scheinandras profile image60
    scheinandrasposted 14 years ago

Change them to his own words, so they won't be copies anymore

1. nilum profile image62

But it would take much time, what if he publishes those hubs even hubpages says its duplicated?

If you are worried about time then publish them as it is or if you want to publish then don't worry
        Look
        You have two ways.. Select any you want

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

To get back to the original question. The content was not original and unique, it was written by someone else, and obviously it has already been put on the web. Therefore, HubPages will flag it as a duplicate.

That is what I told him. Then he tried to convert me. lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on...you know keep down you want it big_smile

4. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

yet another HP forum thread turned into religious debate oh will it ever end wink However got to love the FSM wink

5. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

dipless - I don't mind religion. It's a part of life.

But as an individual - and using my right to speak freely - I am getting a little bit cheesed off with all the religious topics. It's actually becoming boring.

There's a big difference between 'faith' and 'zealot'. And it's the same between 'share' and 'force'.

And in case anyone's thinking to get their knickers in a knot, please don't waste the effort. I'm not poking, I'm stating a fact.

It would be far nicer if those that had faith shared their opinions and thoughts - as opposed to persistently posting fanatical diatribe.

And one last thing. The word 'bigot'. It keeps being levelled at Mr Knowles. Unfairly in my opinion. He doesn't force his opinion. He expresses it. That's not bigotry.

*wanders off to put her dictionary away*

6. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

frogdropping - I totally agree with you, religion is a part of life and my B/F is very religious and we have debates about the merits of each belief system...just not every day! Oh and dictionary is really helping wink

As you have already stated it is great and interesting to have a debate about peoples different belief systems, it just seems to me that the problem is people on here are unwilling at times to listen and respond constructively to peoples questions and arguments.

Many a time I have seen a question such as "in the eyes of God is abortion ever acceptable" Then when people put in their opinions they are ridiculed for them rather than argue their case they decide on personal attacks... normally because they are unsure of how to debate back!

I mean how many of the forum threads are on a topic such as "are we all gods children?" "Does god think abortion is a sin?" "Is masturbating a sin?" They all seem to have the same goal... for religious types to quote scripture and try and preach then the non-religious types to say no thats not true we should all be pro-choice and yet again it dives into personal attacks and preaching!

If we all just debated our points rather than attack one another, or just left such topics to the occaional threads, because we all know they are going to result in arguments and deal with some meatier topics.

We all KNOW there are different belief systems why do we need to argue the same point in 50 different forum threads!

Sorry thought this was going to be a short post but it turned into a hub wink

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One word dipless - bigotry.

Which as I pointed out is something often thrown at the wrong guy. It's that as much as anything that ticks me off.

7. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Back to the original questions. It is copied work no matter how long your brother took to copy it, it's still copied. All books are published to release information to others, and they are all copyright books. This book that you/your brother/whoever copied to publish online was probably copyright as well. It will be penalized by HP as it's copied and copied elsewhere on the internet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)