jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Sending Newsletter To Fans.

1. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

An Emailing feature that allows you to send a collective mail to all your fans.

2. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

yeah what about it..... explain yourself please

3. Charia Samher profile image76
    Charia Samherposted 7 years ago

Quite interesting. How does it work?

4. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I've searched for this facility on HP and think it doesn't exist. When you send an email to someone, it says on the page "do not send the same message to multiple users".  So, for now when fans email me, I save their email address.

Would be nice to have the facility though, Hubpages. Hint, Hint.

5. Kya profile image61
    Kyaposted 7 years ago

There is an option to sign up for an alert if someone you are a fan of publishes a new hub. I have disabled that one for the time being, because my mailbox was full (You are too productive, my friends ...).

Another possibility is to prepare your newsletter outside hubpages and to ask every newcomer to sign up to your newsletter. I think for any form of newsletter your fans would need to sign up anyway, and there needs to be an option to unsuscribe - same when hubpages would offer such a newsletter feature.

6. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I figure the facility will sorta like allow you to tick or untick who's gonna get your mail. Like if you wanna tell your fans you're travelling or something...easy is pie!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

..Or maybe under our profile names an icon that says active/inactive etc?...messenger etc

Maybe HB dont want this site to become too much like a 'chat site"...though it already is ,Im not sure

email idea ,cant hurt

2. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You'd be better off setting up your own opt in mailing list. And having the link on your profile.

While you have the best of intentions, I imagine some unsavoury types would misuse and abuse such a feature.

1. Laura Berwick profile image89
        Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think this is the best idea for anyone interested in a mailing list for fans, to ensure that the fans are interested in hearing from you. I agree with Misha that otherwise it would be abused by spammers.

7. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

good idea...

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I think so, too.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't think it is a good idea, sorry. Too easy to spam. smile