Do Hubbers Go To Church?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (53 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I always notice how scanty the forums are on Sundays. I mean, I go to Church, but sometimes its so boring - sorry to say, but it really is, that I just log into a forum on my mobile phone before I doze off in there! smile but really, do hubbers go to Church or are they off doing something else? Let us know.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I go to church every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. If it is boring to you maybe you are going to the wrong church.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its just that every once in a while they bring these boring preachers who hammer you with boringness - they practically put everyone to sleep. No kidding! When that happens I watch TBN practically all day!

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never watch TBN.

2. Lady_E profile image60
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mon Ami Fiery, I will have to second this opinion. Maybe you should change church. How can God Bless one, if one is not paying attention.  smile

EDIT: I go on Sunday's. Sometimes mid-week.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did this morning big_smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Should this go to religion?

And yeah, i am in church 24/7 big_smile

3. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm a Confirmed Café Hopper.

Does that count? I am religious about it. Go everyday (to several) and the same one every Sunday.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

my religious observance is Friday night. And I do enjoy Joel Osteen on Sunday night for his 1/2 hour show.

1. fortunerep profile image68
      fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now I do like joel olsteen.  Pure bliss how can one man be so happy all the time?

5. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Do Bears Shit in the Woods??

6. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Only to take photos!

7. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

should go more, just go when mom calls and tells me I have to

dori

8. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

I'm headed out the door smile to Church. (weird to check this now everyday it seems) But yes I go to Church a very young and vibrant one. Age demographic is 80% of the church is 24-26

9. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I use to, but i have to agree with misha, i go everyday 24/7 and I don't have to leave home, hell I don't have to leave myself for that matter.....lol

10. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I'm an agnostic, buy yes I usually spend time in church on Sundays.  "Church" being the deep swamps and river in my rural area.  I bet my church is more beautiful, more peaceful, and more enjoyable than most attend.

11. Valerie F profile image62
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I imagine a lot of hubbers do go to Church. I do.

12. world of the wise profile image66
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

In my country, its now monday. but i went last week, though for you my last week is your present week

13. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I go to church for weddings and funerals...

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's me too - though the thought that you could browse the web from an iPhone when forced to go to church as a kid would have been a whole less boring. These days I wouldn't be bored - I'd be argumentative - and then therefore banned LOL

14. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 14 years ago

Going to the right church is important. I hate to hear the terms religious or even religion discussed like it's all the same.  You don't have to be in church to have a personal relationship with your God.  I used to walk around stressed out half the time, too much to do, too little time, etc.  Now, I have a joy about life that came after I chose to honor God and develop that personal relationship.  I choose to go to church.  My church has great music, you dress any way you want to, they have several types of special groups you can join, and they are active in the communtiy. For instance they have a prison ministry where volunteers from the church go to the prison and teach those who want to be taught about God, about living skills like balancing a check book, and they can get there GED's  These men are getting out of prison and almost none are returning.  Going to that kind of church makes you know you are doing something that makes a positive difference in the world.

1. world of the wise profile image66
      world of the wiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Plz dont fear to tell us its name

15. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I hope this doesn't devolve into "my church is better than your church."

For some going to church is an important part of worship, for some it's being part of a community. Just because we enjoy community-based worship doesn't mean that we don't enjoy nature or anything else. Or that we only pray in church.

How did I end up in a religious thread anyway? Oh it was posted in the Hubber's Hangout...she says scampering away....to safety.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's going exactly this way. And I already said it should go to religion forum, it is getting more and more clear with every post. smile

2. profile image0

I was trying to rear them in...i'm a friggin' Evangelist...ha ha ha ha

1. AsherKade profile image57
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey fiery....did ya see what I said about African models? What a load of crap that comment made to me was...I agree with 100% about models-especially African ones not being accurately portrayed in the fashion industry...

1. profile image0

Hey, i'll take a look...

1. AsherKade profile image57
            AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks man .... I DON'T appreciate ppl slamming my reputation with accusations of stereotyping and racism...damnit, thats why I don't show my face or talk a lot about myself so I can write what I want without being in a damn box of judgement...you're a cazy dude, but I think you're cool...loved bantering with ya the other night...not many can take it...

1. profile image0

most people dont get me, they think I'm a loose canon, ha! But I can play down the flames, I'm a smart guy, I only play on peoples intellects, not like testing or anything, you know, just to see them for what they're worth. I have no patience for non-intellectuals, especially those who make themselves out to be just the opposite. I call them posers, phonies, plastics. The world can do without them. You aint so bad yourself, Asherkade. You're a fucking nut, too. wink

16. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I go to church every Sunday. Some churches are boring, but not all of them...

17. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

God, this guy is such a troll.  I can't believe ya'll still feed him after all this time.

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Shades, sometimes he is fun to tease. But he's gone too far lately, I agree.

1. profile image0

Misha you cant stand my guts. I'm probably the only guy who doesn't suck up to you in here and you just cant stand it. Now go take a nap, old man. lol

19. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

The answer to your question is yes I attend Church it jump starts my week.smile

20. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Whats a defination of a troll anyway??

(sighs more internet jargon, I spose) lol

1. XTASIS profile image60
      XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's a troll?

1. profile image0

Troll: its a malevolent mythological creature. Its pantheon is Scandinavian. It can either be part tree or part rock or both. I'm doing a hub series A-Z of Mythological Creatures. I'll be talking about them when I get to 'T'. wink

2. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That little man who lives under the bridge.lolololo big_smile Seriously it is someone who goes around making naughty comments jumping from thread to thread just to get a rise from others. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the explanation, kinda thought that,but wasnt absolutely sure lol...oh no I did that one night lol
          not on purpose just couldnt settle,lol

21. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I used to go to church once and awhile, but as an adult honestly I am kind uncomfortable going.  When I went with close friends at a community church I actually felt comfortable in this small group, but there is nothing I hate more than the feeling of having to socialize with a new large group of people. 

Also, some Christians are just more judging than others for my taste.  My friend goes to church and she tried to date a guy who was going to church for awhile, and he actually broke up with her for not being Christian enough for him.  She met her new boyfriend outside of church, so I feel at times church can isolate a person from good people outside of the organization.  This is especially true if a particular church advocates only dating people within the church, which is fine, but I do not like to close my mind to who can be my friends.

1. profile image0

I can be your friend. wink

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are friends fiery smile.  Some churches are very great and welcoming, but it has been years since I went to one like that.  I think it is great people enjoy church though, if it brings them peace.

22. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I work on sundays but I take the patients to church. Does that count? lol

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It double counts!!!

23. profile image0
    gwennies penposted 14 years ago

I have to agree with you SweetiePie, as having to go to church as a young child all through my young adult years, I found church goers were quite closed minded.  I never found a decent date within a church and learned the hard way that just because you don't attend one, doesn't mean you are not a good person.  Or that you aren't capable of love. I feel that what you believe should come from the heart...whether it is of God or that of what you choose...not what religion you have joined.

24. asalvani profile image61
    asalvaniposted 14 years ago

I love church, lets collect some money and buy one, then we can invite all Hubers to come and pray. smile

25. dcollins33 profile image60
    dcollins33posted 14 years ago

Just returned from Church and wish i was able to go more. if i dont catch sunday service i usually try to make it to bible study, one day during the week.. it refreshes me mentally, spiritually, and physically, not to mention get the chance to fellowship with other believers. GOD BLESS

26. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

We use to go every Sunday - then a big to do went down at our church and half the congregation left.  We've found another church we really enjoy, the music, the sermons & my son loves their youth group.  But its a HUGE church, and I don't feel connected to the people there at all, not like our old little church.

27. Mireille G profile image61
    Mireille Gposted 14 years ago

I attend services on Friday night. Sunday I work. But some members also tend to family obligations on Sundays. That is when the kids come home to visit, (they don't work or go to school on that day), that is the day when families go shopping for the week, or back yard 'fun'.
    I think internet surfing not just for us but for regular surfers as well is lighter on Sundays.

28. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

In Internet parlance: a troll is someone who presents controversial topics on forums and then stirs the pot of emotions with no other point than to be involved in the conflict.  Some are better than others at keeping the flames going.  The ones with "good" troll skills can make it nearly impossible for reasonable, thinking people not to feel compelled to say something in response.  But that is how you feed them. 

If you want to put together some evidence, have a look at just the titles of forum posts begun by this sort of creature and you will see the pattern immediately.  Always polemic, or dancing along the edges of polemics or some other hot button.  The slightest veil of genuine concern or interest on topic "X" to get it going, and always embroiled in conflict by the end.

Wasting thoughtful comments on someone like that is akin to stuffing live butterflies into the garbage disposal.

(Even a post like this will feed one.  The morsel makes me cringe even as it drops from my keyboard.)

29. achase profile image61
    achaseposted 14 years ago

I sure do because I believe that we all need to be reminded that there's Someone higher than we are and that we need His Divine help.

30. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

no I do not

31. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I attend church but not on a regular basis - does working the church festival count?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)