jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

1. martinrocks_88 profile image76
    martinrocks_88posted 7 years ago

hey frnds...i need some help in writing keywords...i read a few hubs on it and still confused....can any one tell some example keyword to any of my hub? so that i can understand easily.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Not sure what others think but the art of choosing keywords is just a bit too much to be posted in the forum.

There are a number of great hubs on keywords and SEO, just take your time reading them.  I will also be doing a series shortly on exactly how I make money with my writing.

3. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Use the google key word tool to get ideas of what people search for.

Type in your example key word (or a few) and it will generate a list of similar words and mkae some suggestions as well.

It will show you the number of searches per month in the world and the geographical area you choose at the first page.

You can also select estimated cost per click from a drop down list to see which are high paying keywords.

e.g. if you put 'apple' in the keyword section it will come up with things like:

red apple
    green apple
    apple sauce

And give you the data on each

Use this info to choose you hub title (and url) and put those words into your text, headings, tags, and photos

that about sums it up

4. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Hi Martin,
    I've just looked at your "How to prevent pimples or acne" hub. What I would do is go to googles keyword tool:

Type in prevent pimples and then click on get keyword ideas. You will see how many other sites are also using that keyword or phrase and how many people are searching for that phrase.

So for "prevent pimples" the global monthy search is 6,600, but as you can see from the blue box which is nearly full, a lot of sites are also trying to rank for that keyword. It will be practically impossible for your article to rank well on google for that phrase. That is why finding niche keywords is important. Ideally you want to find keywords that have plenty of searches say 1,000+ and not much advertiser competition. 15 - 20 keywords per article should be enough.

I explain it a bit more in this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-in-t … e-Keywords

Hope that helps!

5. Ambition profile image76
    Ambitionposted 7 years ago

choose the high ppc keywords for your hubs. You can see how i use some keywords wisely in my hub.

url of this hub is : http://hubpages.com/hub/Buying-a-Domain-name

I have joined 30 day hub challange, you must join too

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't so much get confused as I get "mean" (my sixth-grade description for aggravated and irritable) when I try to pay attention to keywords.  Whether I'm writing from research (not very often on here) or writing from my head, I have this process where I "incubate" what I'm going to write (for varying lengths of time) and then "put my brain on print" - and out it comes.

If I go to the keyword tool and start getting "all involved" with that it interrupts the process (and I can't write using any other process).  Then, once the thing has been written I have trouble going back and adding or changing things because "the process" "mentally seals off" once something has been completed.  I know I should start looking for keywords before the "incubation period" begins, but much of the time I don't know I'm going to write about something until I'd pretty far along in "incubation".   It's hopeless.  I'm hopeless (and probably a weirdo to boot.  lol).  Still, I'm guessing I'm not alone with this problem.  smile

1. queenbe profile image60
      queenbeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No you are definately not alone. I struggle with the same issue. Writing off the cuff/ I also don't leave hubs undone or like to change them. It is not a hopeless situation as I sometimes feel it is I just keep plugging away. Since I've been on this site I have learned a great deal and it is all new to me. I chalk it up to a learning curve. It is a different way to write and does take getting use to. Eventually you will find what works best for you. Best of luck and keep writing.

7. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I used to type in whole lists on the Google tool and get back ranked keywords.
    But now I only do one or two at a time because for some reason  the tool now leaves important keywords out.

If I type in a list with MMA at the top, the tool gives me a list, but leaves off MMA and MMA is the highest traffic keyword in the list.
    Maybe its because of oversaturation, but to get a true list, I'd go one word at a time right now.

Also, if you go to the Google toolbar and start typing in a word, the toolbar will auto suggest variations. These are usually the most searched for phrases.

Bing and Yahoo do that as well.

8. Kidgas profile image80
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

I think queenbe hits it on the head.  Find what works for you.  Then just do a lot of that.

9. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

"So for "prevent pimples" the global monthy search is 6,600, but as you can see from the blue box which is nearly full, a lot of sites are also trying to rank for that keyword."

Thats not exactly true...the blue box is advertiser competition in adwords although it can, it does not always relate to actual existing search competition.

I bid on plenty of terms and contribute to the little blue box w/o ever having a ranking site for that term (one of the points of paying for the targetted traffic!)