Hello. I am new. I read some directions and wrote a Hub. Forgive me if I ask questions that should have been answered in the instructions. I have done nothing to promote my hub because it is not monetized yet, and I do not yet understand the site. My articles generate between 600 and 53,000 readers, and most are in the range of 2,000. Before I publicize HubPages as the new place where I write, I need more information, please.
1. I chose the name "Mary Neal on Hub." Will all of my hubs fall under that name, or is that the title of the one hub I wrote?
2. When I signed up for Amazon.com, eBay, and Kontera, I got widgets to use to monetize my hub. I expected to get a code to use
3. The number 58 appears "Mary Neal on Hub." What does the score of 58 mean - what/who determines a score? Is ea. hub scored separately, or does the score apply to the writer?
4. The number 10 appears at my photo on my published hub. What does the no. 10 mean?
5. When signing up with sites like eBay to monetize my hub, which link do I give them for advertising at my HubPages? Do I use - http://www.hubpages.com/hub/Mary_Neal_on_Hub?
6. Kontera, eBay, and Amazon sent me long codes for my website template. What do I do with these codes to monetize the hub?
7. Will I need to post those codes on each hub I publish, or is there a way for the codes to automatically post when I publish a hub?
8. Google ads are appearing on my hub. Why is that?
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
You have named your first hub, Mary Neal on Hub. Your username is Mary Neal which is says on your profile. You should change the title to what your article is about. Unfortunately, it's too late to change the URL. Each hub is a separate article.
Try reading through this, it should answer your questions:
If not, also try the help button which is on the top right of every page.
You've asked a lot of good questions.
The best way to understand HubPages and come up to speed is if you do a bit of homework, here's what I suggest:
1) Read the FAQ
2) Read this stickied thread from the "Need Help? Ask Here" subforum
3) Use the search function on the forum. Someone else would have come across the same problems as you have and the answer is already available.
4) Read some 'how to hub' hubs.
5) Read the link that Uninvited Writer has provided.
A warm welcome to hubpages! Although it seems a little daunting at first you will soon get used to what it's all about and you can't go far wrong if you listen to these two and others, they know the drill. Good luck!
Most of those are answered in the FAQ. The numbers on your avatar and on the pages you create are your hubbers rating and your individual hub scores. These go up as your posts (and you) age and as more people view them. The initial rating is based on the quantity of the content you posted, and various other mysterious factors.
Your personal hub score is based on the overall score of your hubs, and how active you are both in hub creation and interaction within the community. As far as all the specific codes, I only have experience with Adsense personally. In that case the Ads are inserted automatically into each of your posts. I think with some of the other choices you have to set the place and type of ad you want, but again I don't have first hand experience with anything but Adsense.
My advice would be to just get started writing content you enjoy and know about. Ask for feedback and information as you go and improve your hubs if needed. Then again I am relatively new also, so take my advice for what its worth. =p
you'll also find this site to be one of the most helpful around. although you may not agree with everything expressed here, i highly recommend you spend as much time as possible just reading here. there is a wealth of information available to the newbie, it will boggle your mind and you will have to indeed learn how to read between the lines.
a month from now and you will be a changed person. guaranteed.
Click the "help" button top right and you'll get a ton of info you were looking for.
And welcome to HP.
by madeline crow7 years ago
I just joined Hubpages and I have no idea how this works. I need help and I'm willing to take any constructive critism offerd me. Please don't be cruel. I'm just another writer trying to get my voice heard.
by FootballNut9 months ago
With the Ad Program service Hubpages offer, to benefit all writers and Hubpages what is the possibility of allowing Hubpage members access to the hosted Adverts in the Hubpages Ad Program?Is there potential that members...
by Carolee Samuda4 years ago
I was hub hopping and had to flag a few hubs for being substandard (word count). One hub had exactly 10 words and 2 photos. There should be a way the system prevents you from publishing a hub like that except if it's in...
by kathleenkat4 years ago
I like to check Hubpages on breaks at work. Now, I can't access my Hub feed because a Hubber chose to write a Hub about drugs, and Hubpages hasn't caught onto it yet. My organization is pretty fair on what it...
by Liz Elias3 weeks ago
WTH is going on, here?I've published many hubs before, including 2 new ones in the last couple of days. No problems!Today, I'm trying to publish another, and in the box for the title, I put the title. Never...
by Mikeydoes5 years ago
Well I decided to make a simple little layout to hopefully help some people out.It is clear videos are the future, and the lack of videos on this site is actually kind of embarrassing. Content is key and we should be...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.