jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

You can buy a piece of the moon?!

1. marshall92 profile image82
    marshall92posted 7 years ago

I was making a hub today about inexpensive, cool gifts, and I discovered that you can actually but 1 acre of land on the moon for a mere $29.95! I never knew this and thought it was pretty cool.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

'k, I will take some oceanfront property in the Sea of Tranquility...

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

poor moon. is nothing sacred anymore? I definitely woudln't want o buy anything on the moon. Just leave it be!

marshall92posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It would make for a good conversation though smile.

3. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

there is another thread about that eact saem thing. You can also buy, a star(or name one?), and land under the ocean. You can buy anything gulliable people will buy, and people who want money will sell. magic potion to make you young a desirable for example..

I don't know, I am convinced by this: http://www.lunarland.com/

1. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

but..I bought the Oil of Olay, and i still have wrinkles!!!!!
        I didnt mean you cant buy it, but whats the point?

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually my best friend named a star for her husband because he loves astronomy. I would do that too if someone loved astronomy and stars. but I wouldn't buy a piece of the moon lol

1. profile image0

on a side note, did you see my spelling up there?
        Sure, nameing a star is cool, but you could do that without spending money!!! Just like, go outside, point at a star, and aname it. then print some thing off the computer with like, printmaster or something. same thing, less money spent...ya know, like a coupon good for one back rub...

1. profile image0

lmao none of us can spell write when we are typing lol and yea true but I think for that it's the thought that counts too. Yes you can do it for free but eh...seriously I would rather spend the money on that to show love and thoughtfullness.

1. profile image0

thoughtfullness can not be bought.
            I would rather my husband just once wash the dishes then buy me the entire solar system. I think its a stupid scam, meant to make romantics spend money on a usless, worthelss document. Thoughts do count, to an extent. But if someone spent 30 dollars on something it isn't possible to purchase,(because really, who are you buying it from? the person who already owned it?) when I could have had a lobster dinner...well? again, no offense to romantics and all. but reality actaully exisits....PS thanks for not riding me about my stupid typing.  smile

1. profile image0

I can't type worth you know what either so why should I rag on you? we are one in the same hehehehehe
              And yea I would love the dishes done too. But hey if she is willing to buy it for her husband then I say more power to her. smile and she is buying it from ...ummm...lol no idea hahaha

2. marshall92 profile image82

What if someone loved the moon, eh?

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Since America placed a flag on the moon, they believe that they own it. And thus, yes indeed, they do actually sell people parts of the moon.

Since there is no water or oxygen on the moon, and therefore living there is impossible..... I personally feel that such an investment would be a poor one. You may as well wipe your arse with that $30 wink

I know a lot of people who would like to buy a part of the moon. Personally, I agree with you. There are many things I would rather spend my $30 on. But 300 million acres of the moon have been sold so far.

2. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lighten up. Speaking for America, we do not believe we own the moon. The flag seemed like the right thing to do at the time. There's no 'world' flag and we were kinda pressed for space in the LM.

Does a Sherpa own Mt Everest?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you cant see any light heartedness in my post whatsoever, then maybe you need to lighted up nicomp wink

1. nicomp profile image60
          nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We need an icon for that. Sorry!

2. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Americans don't believe the country owns the moon.  Some enterprising people came up with this business idea.  Here's the story, based on what they say in their website (it's a different link than the previous one).

https://www.lunarland.com/pages/General-FAQs/25/#2

A lot of Americans, however, do take pride in the fact that the country was the first to land on the moon.  (It's that same old thing about, "The country had only been a country for less than 200 years; and look what its space program managed to do" - but that's different from "thinking they own the moon".  Geesh - some people will find a way to twist anything around as a way of taking a swipe at a country with which they seem to have chronic "issues" (or may it's just a generally unpleasant view of everyone/everything in the world).

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh for crying out loud. Americans can be proud of a lot of things, and can claim a lot of things, but many of them cant see humour. I WAS MESSING ABOUT, IT WAS A JOKE, I HAVE ALREADY SAID THIS, STOP FOLLOWING EACH OTHER LIKE SHEEP.

I wouldnt worry about wiping your arse with that $30, I would worry a lot more about taking your head out of your arse. As if I really thought that the American government was selling the fucking moon.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

What a great rip-off.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

lol I cant even afford a piece of this Earth lol

working