jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Addicted to hubpages

1. emdi profile image72
    emdiposted 7 years ago

Is anybody out there facing a problem of 'Hubpage addiction'. I am looking some way to get out of this

1. aka-dj profile image78
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Already? After only 2weeks. What about months from now?
      I hear you, though. It is a bit like that.
      I keep telling myself,"that's it no more", but still here. Maybe not as active but here. big_smile
      If you find the answer, let me know. cool

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Too late!
      Once you're in, you can't get out again. IMO smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
        GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah your right there hehehe there is no way out here nyahahaha, better make hubs...

By the ways welcome to hubpages...

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

They say ( whoever they are) Always replace a bad habit with a good habit.

So Iv discovered Texas Poker hold em over on Facebook ,it is so much fun and I call it 'my kill an hour' break lol

3. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I do have an addiction to hubpages and writing, no doubt.  I love that addiction but am working on the life balance as well.  You will get there.

4. PhilD41 profile image80
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I don't know if this will help or not, but work and 2 small kids have kept me away more often than not.  They have a slightly bigger impact on life then just breaking a HP addiction, but it has worked.  smile

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I'm addicted more to the forums even though after a while they do get boring lol

1. Kadmiels profile image73
      Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats why your hubs should equal the number of post you have you have along way to catch up smile

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LMAO Yea right Kadmiels...that would take forever

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

HubPages is "evil".   smile   They lure you in with the promise of a place to post your writing.  The next thing you know they're bringing up reading other people's stuff.  Before you know it you're tempted to scan the questions/requests to see if there's anything you can "challenge yourself with" by answering; and then - one day when you're looking for something that will break up the monotony of the tedious work you do online - you take that first step of venturing into the forums.  You start to scan for things that catch your eye.  It's not long before you decide to contribute, rather than just read.  You get some pleasure from putting in your two cents, but then you find yourself scanning for something else that interests you.  Before you know it, you're leaving HubPages up in one window while you're working on other things; and you find yourself popping back onto HubPages when - really - you ought to be devoting all your attention to that horrible, tedious, project you're working on.  Then, the whole time you're popping back and forth between work and HubPages, your mind wanders to some Hub you'd like to write as soon as you've finished doing what you need to do. 

Once it gets this far you may not yet need a 12-step program, but the warning signs are there.  You need to step away from the computer, or least "x down" (close, but I still think it of as "x down" from my earlier PC days) the HubPages screen; and stay away for a period of several hours.  If you can live comfortably and without withdrawal symptoms during that time you are probably not at risk of giving up your day job, devoting all your time to HubPages, letting your mortgage or rent go unpaid, and ending up a dejected, gutter-dwelling, lost soul; begging strangers to use their Dell mini just to check your HubScore and see if there's anything on the politics or religion forums that give you that high-blood-pressure rush that comes with seeing remarks that make you feel as if your head will explode.  It is an insidious downward spiral.  Don't let it happen to YOU.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL! So sad....and yet so true!

7. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Couldn't resist this one either:

(I'd like to mention that this is not my keyboard and computer desk.  Some of us may be on the verge of addiction, but not all of us have deteriorated to this point.  smile  )