jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Omit yourself from statistics

1. Set's All Set profile image86
    Set's All Setposted 7 years ago

I don't know if has been mentioned here before but I want an option that would omit myself as data from the hubpages statistics. I view my own pages often to proof read and tweak my hubs. I notice that the page view counter still goes up. I would like to omit myself from the data and track ONLY other people. I know this can be done!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

People bring this up regularly and the answer is, in Google Analytics, which is much more comprehensive, you can set up a filter to remove your own views.

So if you wish to do that, you need to do it there.

3. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

In the wide swing of things, your views are pretty minuscule compared to search engines, blogs, HP views, etc.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is correct. As a wise man once said...

"If your personal visits noticeably skew your stats, those stats are too thin to be representative anyway." Source

1. Set's All Set profile image86
        Set's All Setposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this and I do omit myself from google anayltics. I just think it would be a nice option to have. Another thing to consider, google analytics have a 24 hour refresh rate. I like the hubpages statistics as it is in real time and I can follow my data as the day progresses.

2. Jackson Riddle profile image67
        Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How do you quote things from 4 months ago? I feel sorry for you.

My Hubpages comes with a Search.

But that quote I have on a hub.

4. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

HubPages isn't real time. If I viewed one of your hubs right now, it wouldn't show immediately. They update every hour or so, if I remember correctly. Could be wrong.

In generally, it'd be wasted time to make this feature because your own views are minute to all the other traffic sources. Analytics is the best source of your views as of now. HubPages isn't as accurate because they want you to use Analytics.

5. Set's All Set profile image86
    Set's All Setposted 7 years ago

This looks like my last post on the forums. I suppose my "suggestion" was too radical for some staff members here. Wouldn't want to shake the bird cage too much! Must take alot of work to shoot down such a simple idea. Yes, I know you guys aren't staff members smile Just poking fun. Let me take one last moment to embrace the spirit of community... Okay, I've had enough. Thanks and bye!

You've said what you want, we've told you how it works, and how to get what you want.

And the problem is?

working