jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (25 posts)

If and how will the world end

1. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I like to think it won't but I just often wonder

pleasant thoughts I know

I figure no nuclear bombs but animated characters will learn to leave our screens and become a race of their own , take over then end it - Im stretching I know

But what do you think?

2. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

Many people believe the world will end by 2012.  It seems there is always an ending, even to a new beginning.  There are people dying everyday, just as there are people being born everyday.

Even our vehicles and buildings become weak, just as our bodies with age.

I see animated manicans in the stores, reflecting our animated world we live in.  With our wourld wide net, tv, ipods, gameboys, x-boxes, now facebook, mysapce, and now twitter saying tweet, tweet!

My sister-in-law showed me how we can be controlled and accountable to cartoon people by working out for the wii. 

All this to say, that Heaven sounds like a wonderful place, if the world is going to end soon.  I like the thought that there is life after death.  It would be good to plan your destiny, to make sure you are headed in the right direction.

If there is a Heaven there must be a Hell.  So the mado I grew up with is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  I think preparing for Heaven would be the best:)  No matter what happens to or with this world!

3. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Thanks heart 4

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

All the damn liberals and atheists will make God mad and he'll zap us! Christians too because we didn't exile them to another planet! Way to go atheists and liberals!

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

How will the world end? hmmm by deadly gas from a fart way in the future big_smile sorry I'm in a weird mood right now lol

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had one like that it killed my neighbors cat!

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

*gasp* sneak that was mean! You are cruel to animals lol

1. 0

He was downwind and I thought I was alone!

1. 0

note to self keep my cats AWAY from Sneak! lol

2. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Well, if you really want to entertain the thought about the end of the world.

I doubt it will ever happen.

7. Himitsu Shugisha profile image76
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago

I'd like to think the end of the world would be very much like the ending in the Wizard of Oz. God will reveal himself from behind a proverbial curtain and grant the wishes of mankind and then everyone will be instructed to click their heels together three times and everything resets.

1. Frugal Fanny profile image61
      Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've got the perfect pair of heels for that.  They're sparkly and everything! wink

8. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I personally think it will be the collective cow farts that will do us in.

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

THATS IT! lol lol

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. 0

darn those moo moos! lmao

9. thesecondadvent profile image60
    thesecondadventposted 6 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

The world shall never end.  It shall change as all things change. And, mankind shall change in like manner. The Creator is eternal, and all things art created of the Creator.  Therefore, all creation is eternal, even mankind!

1. 0

Noooooo! I got an E-mail that said we're almost toast!

10. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

haha sneakorocksolid....."almost toast"....lol that cracked me up.

But really...........the Bible says the earth will melt "with fervent heat".

So I agree with your e-mail.   We're almost toast.   Or at least this planet will be, someday..

11. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I will most likely pass away in my sleep hmm not into that end of days prophecies but maybe a supernova yikes tongue bout 8 billion years? lol nuts, yeah tongue don't mind me lol lol

12. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

a black hole is on its way

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good one, recent science theory has said that black holes can just die sometimes tho, it better move quick enough then! tongue

13. 0
    arvinoposted 6 years ago

I'm not too sure of 2012, but it is a very enteresting findings on this subject thats worth looking into.

14. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I love this topic, but I have a sick mind tongue

Lets see some reasonable world enders?

Super volcano in America going off, plunging the world into a new ice age. It is due, happens 250,000 years and last time was a bit longer then that and was one of the biggest extinctions in history.

Less likely but still very possible, a super solar flare directly hitting the earth. A direct hit would strip the planet of its atmosphere in places and would wreak havoc with planets electromagnetic fields. Oh and all those satellites falling from the sky wouldn't help.

There is the ever popular astroid strike, the sort that killed deno the dino. If we pull our fingers out we could actually prevent this one realistically I think.

The e-bola virus mutates into something equally deadly but with a longer incubation period within the body and becomes airborne. This might not count as 1% will be immune so probably enough people to re-build.

That environmental pollution alters the global environment to such an extent that most modern life including us are unable to survive or withstand it. Say loads of trapped methane in the worlds oceans is released by warmer oceans changing the very nature of our breathing air. Domino effect stuff.

My personal favorite, some military experiment goes badly wrong. We could have real life zombies that way if the movies are to be believed!

If all else fails we will eventually be swallowed by an expanding sun about to go nova. big_smile