If and how will the world end

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I like to think it won't but I just often wonder

pleasant thoughts I know

I figure no nuclear bombs but animated characters will learn to leave our screens and become a race of their own , take over then end it - Im stretching I know

But what do you think?

2. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Many people believe the world will end by 2012.  It seems there is always an ending, even to a new beginning.  There are people dying everyday, just as there are people being born everyday.

Even our vehicles and buildings become weak, just as our bodies with age.

I see animated manicans in the stores, reflecting our animated world we live in.  With our wourld wide net, tv, ipods, gameboys, x-boxes, now facebook, mysapce, and now twitter saying tweet, tweet!

My sister-in-law showed me how we can be controlled and accountable to cartoon people by working out for the wii. 

All this to say, that Heaven sounds like a wonderful place, if the world is going to end soon.  I like the thought that there is life after death.  It would be good to plan your destiny, to make sure you are headed in the right direction.

If there is a Heaven there must be a Hell.  So the mado I grew up with is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  I think preparing for Heaven would be the best:)  No matter what happens to or with this world!

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Thanks heart 4
    big_smile

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

All the damn liberals and atheists will make God mad and he'll zap us! Christians too because we didn't exile them to another planet! Way to go atheists and liberals!

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

How will the world end? hmmm by deadly gas from a fart way in the future big_smile sorry I'm in a weird mood right now lol

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had one like that it killed my neighbors cat!

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*gasp* sneak that was mean! You are cruel to animals lol

1. profile image0

He was downwind and I thought I was alone!

1. profile image0

note to self keep my cats AWAY from Sneak! lol

2. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, if you really want to entertain the thought about the end of the world.

I doubt it will ever happen.

7. Himitsu Shugisha profile image73
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

I'd like to think the end of the world would be very much like the ending in the Wizard of Oz. God will reveal himself from behind a proverbial curtain and grant the wishes of mankind and then everyone will be instructed to click their heels together three times and everything resets.

1. Frugal Fanny profile image60
      Frugal Fannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got the perfect pair of heels for that.  They're sparkly and everything! wink

8. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I personally think it will be the collective cow farts that will do us in.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THATS IT! lol lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. profile image0

darn those moo moos! lmao

9. thesecondadvent profile image61
    thesecondadventposted 14 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

The world shall never end.  It shall change as all things change. And, mankind shall change in like manner. The Creator is eternal, and all things art created of the Creator.  Therefore, all creation is eternal, even mankind!

1. profile image0

Noooooo! I got an E-mail that said we're almost toast!

10. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

haha sneakorocksolid....."almost toast"....lol that cracked me up.

But really...........the Bible says the earth will melt "with fervent heat".

So I agree with your e-mail.   We're almost toast.   Or at least this planet will be, someday..

11. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I will most likely pass away in my sleep hmm not into that end of days prophecies but maybe a supernova yikes tongue bout 8 billion years? lol nuts, yeah tongue don't mind me lol lol

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

a black hole is on its way

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats a good one, recent science theory has said that black holes can just die sometimes tho, it better move quick enough then! tongue

13. profile image0
    arvinoposted 14 years ago

I'm not too sure of 2012, but it is a very enteresting findings on this subject thats worth looking into.

14. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I love this topic, but I have a sick mind tongue

Lets see some reasonable world enders?

Super volcano in America going off, plunging the world into a new ice age. It is due, happens 250,000 years and last time was a bit longer then that and was one of the biggest extinctions in history.

Less likely but still very possible, a super solar flare directly hitting the earth. A direct hit would strip the planet of its atmosphere in places and would wreak havoc with planets electromagnetic fields. Oh and all those satellites falling from the sky wouldn't help.

There is the ever popular astroid strike, the sort that killed deno the dino. If we pull our fingers out we could actually prevent this one realistically I think.

The e-bola virus mutates into something equally deadly but with a longer incubation period within the body and becomes airborne. This might not count as 1% will be immune so probably enough people to re-build.

That environmental pollution alters the global environment to such an extent that most modern life including us are unable to survive or withstand it. Say loads of trapped methane in the worlds oceans is released by warmer oceans changing the very nature of our breathing air. Domino effect stuff.

My personal favorite, some military experiment goes badly wrong. We could have real life zombies that way if the movies are to be believed!

If all else fails we will eventually be swallowed by an expanding sun about to go nova. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)