What crazy way could the world end?
In my new book, I need the world to end in the first chapter. I want it to end in a crazy off the wall way. Help please.
I'm going to skip the it is all a dream or anything about gods raining down judgement.
* small black hole created, escapes lab, starts consuming everything
* massive energy release like gamma waves travels the earth, kills everything alive
* grey goo of nanotech consuming everything programmed to take
* genetically engineered organism that does the same
* some combination of diseases that kills 95% of the population followed by another that exploits a weakness of the genetic immunity of the survivors (like carrying 2 copies of CCR5-delta32 gene makes you immune to HIV but is rare because it made you vulnerable to the Black Death).
* parasites like Toxoplasma gondii that are widespread and alter the mind are triggered by something else that makes the people carrying it violent and dangerous; I mention that because around 1/5 of adults have it or exposure to it
* vaccine against big scare unleashes other threat, though this has been used in other cases
* geo-engineering to solve one problem causes a worse one, though not Snowpiercer style
* magnetic pole flipping triggers volcanic activity increase (already occurring) but our efforts to control it make it worse - so you see mass extinction level global dimming and toxic atmospheric releases - this was blamed for mass extinctions 250 million years ago
* the all knowing all seeing ought to be all powerful AI that people want the singularity to be (there is no God but gosh darn it they want to invent one) decides it doesn't like people; best case scenario, Butlerian Jihad of Dune revolt to destroy thinking machines, worse case, Terminator / Skynet actually unleashes germs and kills everyone, middling case, totalitarian state with deliberate erosion of population numbers AND people's personality/will to maximize compliance. It could decide this after seeing us wreck virtual worlds for fun and kill our own children for our convenience.
* mass sterility a la Children of Men or pregnancy is fatal (The Testament of Jessie Lamb)
Note, I write a lot of science fiction and horror, so you can see my own ideas in many of my short stories on Hubpages or "Humanity's Edge" anthology on Amazon.
Great answer. Agree with the Toxoplasma gondii (already happened in ME) Muhammound loved cats.
I know, Donald Trump gets into the White House and takes off his disguise to reveal George Patton, who presses the override button in the Oval Office to send missiles to Moscow. Putin diverts the missiles to land on the Doomsday site. End of world.
Zombie Apocalypse : How to make money in the coming zombie apocalypse by lobotomizing zombies into obedient puppies that are then to be used as slaves working in dangerous jobs without healthcare or litigation.
There were the expected first days of chaos after the rapture but then after some time, the zombies brought unseen benefits to those left behind. The 50% reduction of humans with souls created higher wages for skilled professionals while the zombies slaved in drudgery. This brought the biggest boom in manufacturing back into the United States with a quiet non-unionized slave force that needs no health insurance.
The scariest scenarios are ones that could theoretically happen. The yellowstone supervolcano freaks me out the most. Most of the united states gets covered in ash, ash that hangs in the air and blocks out the sun. Scary stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … er-US.html
The Vogons could destroy it to make way for an intergalactic bypass...
Ha! I don't think I can use that one. Maybe the answer is 42.
I find people read more than ever today. They read mostly social media, but at least they are reading.
I still think that the craziest way the world could end, would be if the somehow the earth stopped spinning. Imagine the havoc.
All right how about this:
[In Monty Python style] The Bomb drops, 'mushroom' grows and climbs into the stratosphere, buildings collapse all around like tiers on a wedding cake, the last man types a page into a laptop, comes to the bottom of the page and signs off with 'THE END' and the whole lot gets sucked up into a black hole. When everything's gone we hear a loud burp and the black hole flies off to swallow another inhabited planet. Scene ends and a red stage curtain opens, a gun appears at the top of the screen. Bang! Out pops a flag that unfurls to show the message:
"And now for something different!"
There are two theories i heard of which one i deny big crunch & dark age
Big crunch can't happen because as bigcrunh process will resume there will be a lot of black holes present around before it succesfully happens and on other side of a black hole will be material of this world which means universe like ours with same law of physics because the place is not antimatter
other theory is the truth which is related to google years till last proton is seperated
well, it's very difficult to predict the exact way. but going by some information I can only say humans size will be reduced to almost 1 feet and at the end, all would be sinking in water all around.
As we all know the earth has 70% water so we all will sink in this.
Do you want the world to end, or society as we know it?
by zackdeck 7 years ago
When will the world end?Do you believe in the scientist who say the last year is 2012, or do you have another theory, let it be known!
by The Dream Interpreter 7 years ago
Hi people!What do you have to say about the world ending May 21st 2011? I'm so sorry to raise your emotions negatively. But this is a discussion I feel I should post in this forum. I know this will help somebody somewhere in the globe.So what's your views "The World wil end May 21st...
by Lets name your baby 14 months ago
When will be the world end?
by dailytop10 5 years ago
In your perspective, how will our world end?December is fast approaching and a few are still worried about the Mayan prediction. Though their prediction might not be true, we can't deny the fact that earth will meet its end someday. How will it happen? Will the sun destroy our world? An asteroid?...
by brooklyn00123 7 years ago
When will the world end? Or will it?
by lyricsingray 8 years ago
I like to think it won't but I just often wonderpleasant thoughts I knowI figure no nuclear bombs but animated characters will learn to leave our screens and become a race of their own , take over then end it - Im stretching I knowBut what do you think?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|