jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Did youtube vanish?

1. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Youtube has disappeared from my hubs. It appears to have vanished completely from the Internet. Does anyone know where it is?

1. compu-smart profile image79
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The videos in my hub are fine!

The video that dissapeared could have been removed from youtube by the user or youtube!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Well, obviously something is up with the YouTube site.

3. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Pakistan has ordered all Internet service providers to block the YouTube website for containing “blasphemous” content and material considered offensive to Islam, officials said Sunday.

YouTube because it contained “blasphemous content, videos and documents,” a government official told AFP.

“The site will remain blocked till further orders,” he said.

So an ISP in Pakistan decided to announce a route that would re-direct anyone trying to get to YouTube to some other site that probably hosted a warning about the blasphemous content. Results were predictable. YouTube itself disapeared from the Internet, And, I suspect that most of Pakistan is experiencing performance issues as they are receiving ALL of the YouTube requests from around the world. By 2:30 the Internet watch guards had alerted the backbone provider for Pakistan to filter out those malicious route announcements and alerted YouTube to announce more granular routes that would supercede the Pakistani routes, at least in the US.

As of this writing, 3:30 Eastern most of the rest of world can still not get to YouTube.
    ps this story is from google news

1. jimmythejock profile image81
      jimmythejockposted 8 years ago in reply to this

the us is ok just the rest of us cant get utube

2. quotations profile image94
      quotationsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand how a third world country was able to affect our access to the site in Canada, US, Europe and elsewhere. Very disturbing. What if they get upset with hubpages or wikipedia etc. Does that mean they are all vulnerable?

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

That's crazy.

YouTube has been hijacked.  Er...

5. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

and I thought "muskrat love" was music terrorism at it's finest.  yikes

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image90
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh... but it is!

6. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image90
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

Mine have been off and on....  I thought I was the only one having technical difficulties:-)

7. djtphn1 profile image79
    djtphn1posted 8 years ago

Maybe it is fixed now, I just logged on!

8. Debbie Cook profile image78
    Debbie Cookposted 8 years ago

I had issues getting to Youtube a bit earlier. Now it seems all is OK again.