jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

To those who get a good deal of traffic from posting on forums...

1. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

What forums do you get the most traffic from?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I don't think most people get a lot of traffic from just posting in the forums. Most would rather get traffic from Google and off HubPages anyway.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

they are most likely talking about off- hubpages forums

I participate in forums related to industry topics in ebay and internet marketing, I do get a small traffic stream as a byproduct.

For backlinks terms like "most popular forums"

"most popular forums in ___________" works well.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Bojangles, if you want to get traffic from other forums (i.e. not HubPages forums), then you need to find forums that are directly relevant to your Hub topic.  So the most successful ones will be different for every Hubber.

You will get traffic from posting in the HubPages forums, but it will only be other Hubbers - and they are not paying traffic.

5. 0
    Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago

I do not try to get traffic from forums.  They are just a fun place to chat and exchange ideas.  But, I do use other forums to create backlinks to my pages. This can help a lot with SEO. (Search Engine Optimization)

Not HP forums though.  But we do not want to ge there...

Most forums limit you on the amount of backlinks you can have.  Four to six is the norm.  One place I did find that lets you post as many backlinks as you like in the forums is: http://www.bizview.net/

It's new, so there isn't much to talk about, but the idea behind it is very powerful and I think it will take off soon.

6. suziecat7 profile image82
    suziecat7posted 6 years ago

I post some of my Hubs on the political and gardening forums I participate in. Most have a separate page for off topic threads and even recipes. I get some traffic this way but not much.

7. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I think just multiple ones and consistent presence,
    unless of course your banned then that sucks. 
    Tantrum send her love by the way big_smile