Need Some Super Ideas for my Best Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Before I do anything silly like giving up on hubpages I want to invite critical analysis of what could easily be my best hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Enjoy-Facebook-Scrabble

Edit:  For good measure I will put the other strong hub in same niche.  In fact this one has higher traffic:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Facebook-Scrabble

I have more in the same niche.

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

with what goal?

more traffic?

more adsense earnings?

more affiliate earnings?

what have you done so far to promote and optimize it?

glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More adsense earnings.

Let's begin with layout etc.  My marketing has been very basic.  Probably twitter, facebook, not sure if done Digg and Stumbleupon yet.

2. glendoncaba profile image74

I will do an ezine article on it eventually.  smile

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

this is the second post I have seen about this particular hub

I went to an improper forum for this request but was kindly corrected and sent here by a wondeful hubber.

4. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Go ahead and look for some other sites to use for backlinks.
    SheToldMe, Snipsley, Xomba...
    lots of info about them all through the forums, just search. smile

Twitter and Facebook are not going to generate the kind of traffic that will necessarily convert to clicks.

My advice for the layout: Could you add another pic?
    The bottom half of the hub has good content but it is a brick of words. Readers are lazy, and if the copy looks like too much work, they will not read it.

Try breaking it up into different capsules. Give each capsule a heading. This breaks the layout up into bite sized pieces.

Good luck smile

Thanks.

I actually broke up the longer capsules after reading this and added headings, as well as a YouTube video.

5. sunforged profile image71

not to be contary, but good adsense earnings have nothing to do with "readability" and everything to do with keyword choice and adsense layout..you gain nothing from a reader actually reading!

( IN the long term, having a readable authoritaive "quality" article will ead to other web users bookmarking you and helping you to gain traffic...but you still have to be in a topic that has earning potential)

i havent checked yet...but i would guess that the topic of "facebook scramble" has little to no earnings potential (unfortunately) and if your desire is to make money via adsense your already SOL.

YOu may be able to find an affiliate product that offers somrthing related to that facebook game .. a strategy guide or branded promotion.

ill take  alook at the hub and see if your layout is the best it can be.

I think I noticed you complain about frre and paid systems/ courses.

If making money online via adsense and aff programs is a concrete goal for you...spending a little money MAY be necessary

by a little, I mean $1...join thekeywordacademy $1 for the first month  or 30day challenge ,,which is free ...making money with adsense is all about the pre plann9ng and keywords that you select

Actually joined the keyword academy but unsubscribed when I kept paying the monthly fee and not making time to get around to really doing the assignments which include setting up niche sites.  Not a reflection of keyword academy but of my own procrastination.  Or just not ready yet to set up my own niche sites.

Facebook scrabble hubs were written because I like word games.  Not using the preliminary ideas from keyword academy.

2. glendoncaba profile image74

The irony is that I am getting lots of tiny clicks on this article.  My choice is to accept that it is a low income hub or to tweak it into something better.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no irony, your hub is well formatted and in a popular topic with as I said, very well targetted ads.so hopefully is getting some decent trffic. Your just probably seeing the best earni9ngs that topic is capable of already.

You COULD run the URL through the adwords keyword tool and see if you could pad the text and headers with some higher paying keywords in order to target better ads.

i did it for you and the tool shows 1.20ish as the highest paying ad you could trigger.

So im guessing the most you have ver received as a click was in the .40 range an dusually are prob getting a few pennies.

Thats the best it can do....but over a year of steady traffic and few pennies/ dollars here and there, that one article can add up to a lot...i would move on

6. sunforged profile image71

Your layout is strong for best adsense earnings and your ads are well targetted

7. sunforged profile image71
  8. sunforged profile image71

I just thought the $1 price was worth a look...most of my methods were found long before TKA existed, but I see it as a great teaching resource. I never got around to watching all teh videos either...so there could be all sorts of goodness i dont know about.

BUT...they do show VERY VERY clearly how to find keywords and what makes for good adsense paying sites.

Considering your response, I would have to say you already know what to do.

You just arent doing it.

YOu still can access alot of that site if you need  a refresher..i believe the link i posted leads to a free video

You are SOOOO right.

I spent about 3 months on TKA but did not get my teeth into the course like I should.  I do have some other keywords to explore based on the TKA method.

9. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Glen, when I had a look, the Adsense ads had nothing to do with Facebook Scrabble. 

What would people be wanting to buy when they search for Facebook Scrabble?  It's not like it's a game they can purchase.  I suspect that's your problem right there.

I wrote this niche because I like scrabble.  But want to tweak them now for better earnings.

Scrabble players may want to buy books, games, etc.

Dictionaries are expensive.

Students play scrabble.  Market there.

Intellectuals play scrabble.  Market there.

10. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I would say to let that one do what it is doing and maybe try to drive some of that traffic to another article but do more research for higher paying keywords that still may have some relevance to facebook. Maybe monitoring software for monitoring your kids on facebook or something of value that facebook users are likely to click on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)