I hate heartless people!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Last night around midnight I heard a car door slam outside as I looked out I saw the red lights of a car disappearing. And there in the middle of my driveway stood a cat all forlorn...
    Turns out someone dropped off this fully pregnant little kitty here at my farm. The poor baby is cowering in the corner of the porch totally terrified. She still won't eat or drink. She looks really too young to be pregnant but I can see the babies wiggling in her belly.

I just hate heartless jerks that have no respect for life.

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree - the only good thing is that they had the sense to drop the poor animal off at your farm and not in some back alleyway....

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sucks! What a horrid thing to do to a living creature. Poor kitty, at least she has the fortune of having you to look after her and give her the chance for care while having the babies. sad

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikessad

that's horrible. i am glad that little kitty at least found you, and didn't end up tossed out of a car on the freeway. if i lived near you i would take one of the kittens. bless you for taking care of them.

4. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a dreadful situation indeed. Poor little animal.
      Fortunately that could never happen to a human, othewise we'd be really hysterical about it...

5. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww {{{HUGS}}} I know how you feel. Someone recently did just about the same to us, the only difference is that the adorable little bag of skin and bones they left us is not pregnant (yet)--have to get her fixed.

As hard as it is...I try to remember to tell myself that such people are probably more to be pitied than despised. What kind of defect does one have to have--or what kind of trauma does one have to have been through--that makes one unable to sympathize with such an innocent, poor, and hurting creature? I do not know; I cannot fathom it...but it must be horrible to walk like a zombie upon the earth without a heart. sad

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Aw, hopefully you can make friends and find the babies new homes. We get it here too unfortunately. Not so much now that my grandma's house isn't empty anymore but still the occasional one will wander in from being dropped off.

I hope your new border does ok with her litter and you gain a new mouser out of it.

3. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

sad

4. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

that is horrible. Some people are just purely ignorant.

1. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it was ignorance, I just think they didn't care.

5. profile image0
    Billy Jeanposted 14 years ago

sad sad sad

6. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

That new mother cat is very lucky that she was literally dropped in front of your house.  I'm wondering if it's somebody who might have known you and that you would be the kind person who would look after her.

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

that is sad, hope she is doing well. sad

that's how we got one of our dogs years ago when we lived outside of the city ... someone dumped a female dog, possibly pregnant, we found her on our property after she had had her pups. she was scared to death of brooms..sad  we gave her a good home.

8. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That is so sad! sad

9. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Seems she was dropped off at your place for a reason, Zsuzsy, and very lucky indeed.
    If there is something good to come of this, I think that's it.
    Thanks for being one of the caring ones.

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Thats terrible. Sometimes some people just suck.

11. Aya Katz profile image82
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Both my dogs were abandoned by somebody else, and we are lucky to have them. It's hard to be angry at those who abandoned them, since we would be missing out on a lot if they hadn't.

This is one aspect of the universal spay/neuter movement that people really don't get.

1. bonny2010 profile image60
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It really hurts to think people will do this to animals thank god she found you -
      I had a young kitten dropped off in the creek behind me - heard it crying and some days later realised it had a spinal complaint and was paralised in the back legs - I had him for four years he was one hell of a cat called his Wabbit told everyone his mother was a catfish and his father was a rabbit - took some people a little while to figure that one out - so yeap there are some heartless so and so's out there - you can't tell me they didn't know Wabbit was paralized - So take heart - it just goes to show someone knows you have a big one

12. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

Awwww poor little kitty, at least they didn't just throw her in a river I suppose like lots of sick people do. Ohhh can I have one of the babies! smile

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I have two cats here and I found them at my door with food in a bag, I take care of them now,

14. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I hope you will name her Karma and can keep her - its true that "gift" animals are sometimes truly wonderful pets and they know how lucky they are and pay you back a thousand fold!

15. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Zsuzsy it seems God was watching out for the cat because he appointed an Angel to the cat , you ! As for people like that it is sad that we have grown to such a desensitized level. But if the cat was going to be abandoned I am glad it wound up with you. I like Cats.

16. RecoverToday profile image82
    RecoverTodayposted 14 years ago

This type of animal abandonment absolutely enrages me. It is just as easy to take an animal to a local shelter. You must drive there anyway, why not drive to a shelter and leave it?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, a shelter is no guarantee that the poor cat is going to be taken care of.  Don't they kill them if they can't find a home for them, especially since there are so many abandoned animals.

2. Aya Katz profile image82
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mothers used to leave babies in baskets at the doorsteps of people that they judged might make a good parent. There were orphanages where they could have dropped off the baby, instead, but they chose not to, because despite their abandonment, they hoped the child would have a good life. Institutions are scary places where bad stuff happens.

If a cat or dog is dropped off at a shelter, there are going to be some very harsh consequences for that animal. It might be put to death, if nobody wants it. Even if is not put to death, it more than likely will be castrated or have a full hysterectomy.

These are things to consider, before dropping an animal off at a shelter.

17. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

These barbaric 'people' didn't want to be bothered, so they chose to dump that poor animal on another.  One of my dogs was dumped years ago into my backyard-a gorgeous malamute/wolf mix-and I was floored at the development, to say the least.
    We kept him; luckily we were able.  I hope this does not put way too much stress on you Zsuzsy, it can be, particularly a pregnant cat.  You've been the victim as well as the animal.

18. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Thanks everyone, it's just too sad. Looks like those people even took her collar off. Little Mama (is what I call her) is a very prissy little tabby with enormous eyes. It looks to me that she ate and drank, which is good. The poor little girl is welcome to stay in the barn...If I'm feeding 6 cats already what's one more (one for now). She is very skittish and scarred still. She'll find out soon enough that she's got nothing to worry about here.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Zsuzsy, you're a woman after my own heart.  I can't imagine the mindset it takes to dump an animal like that, either.  I will never in a million years understand it.  It's funny, but animals tend to find "people like us", I think.  I read how you're feeding all those cats.  Or, perhaps it's because we don't turn a blind eye.  I have 5 now that I've rescued or that have been strategically dumped.  Bless you!

19. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Cats that are dropped off in farm country have little chance of survival unless it turns out to be one of the very lucky ones. They are usually eaten by coyotes, shot by hunters or attacked by other cats who don't like newcomers. It may freeze to death or succumb to disease or starvation.
    Animals left at a shelter have the best chance of ending up in a caring home. If they must be put down, it's done in a humane fashion.
    The people who work at shelters are usually among the most loving of us in contrast to the "droppers".

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Will. The shelters are a better idea then just dropping these defence-less little creatures of any where. In the freezing cold without food and shelter they will die a hash drawn out death.

20. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

If ever the people who do these kinds of things to any animals should go through the same as they have done, let them stay out in the cold, see how they like it and pay a Lion to chew their arse off!

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My dream of judgement day is when these animal abusers show up and see their judge has the face of a cat or dog they tormented. " Say you're sorry, see if I care, and don't try to go for not guilty, because I was there."

21. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Just an update... Little Mama let me pick her up this afternoon. I was able to carry her to the barn and introduce her to the gang out there. She's now curled up in the small room off the barn on a blanket next to Shamous the two year old grey tomcat and Annie another drop-off who's been here for almost three years now. She looks as if she needs a bit of meat on her bones but I can fix that easy. She will get her own milky-egg-meat dish tomorrow morning for breakfast and for dinner until after her babies are born. I'll keep you guys updated.

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am looking forward to hear. we have a lot of that going on in the world. Here, where I live, people are building shelters for feral cats who will not be caught to shelter them from the cold snaps we have had. I know this is a case of drop off, but that as you know, is where feral cats come from. jerks that drop off their pregnant pets.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're such a sweetheart. Little Mama will be Big Mama in no time! Best of luck!

22. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Awww... that is so sweet.

23. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

How sweet.  We expect kitten pix now, of course.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)