jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can't post images

1. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 6 years ago

I'm finishing up a hub but I can't post pictures. What's up?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

HubPages works best in Firefox.  If you're using IE8, you'll have trouble.

1. viking305 profile image90
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This happens a lot when I am uploading photos. 

When you try to upload a photo and all you get is the thingy going round and round then press SAVE.  Do this for as many photos you want to upload. EG. 3 photos = 3 photo capsules , each one u attempt to upload a photo and then you press save,  Then press DONE Editing.  Then go back to the EDIT mode.  When you attempt to upload your photos now on those 5 saved photo capsules it WORKS like a charm.

1. Cris A profile image60
        Cris Aposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But the thing is, the photos DO upload but DO NOT show on the hub. All I can see are empty frames where the photos should be. I'm using Firefox and it's the first time that this  happened to me. And I've been doing lots of "picture hubs".

1. PrettyPanther profile image86
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had this problem, too, and I am using Firefox.  I switched over to Google Chrome and it worked fine.

3. ThePartyAnimal profile image82
    ThePartyAnimalposted 6 years ago

I am having the same problem - my thumbnails show, but not the large pictures. Maybe it is just a bug.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

How are you getting these pictures?

A common way people protect the copyright of their images online is to place a 'transparant' image over every image on the site. This means if people just right click and save, or right click and copy image location, they just get a blank image, not the protected image.

5. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

just make them "half-size" and they will work.  It seems to be a bug since last night.

6. Eileen Hughes profile image84
    Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

like marissa says use firefox... isnt that right marissa

It can cause other problems though