What is your average pageview per day (all hubs added together)?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (52 posts)
  1. jasonycc profile image68
    jasonyccposted 13 years ago

I now have 15 hubs. I am hitting 300 pageviews per day. 1 of my hubs on FIFA World Cup 2010 is contributing to 70% of the traffic. There rest of it with 13 hubs hitting 3 to 10 pageviews per day and 1 hub with 0 views most of the time. I am worry that when the World Cup is over, so will my traffic level.

Another question: what is your average pageview per hub per day? I am talking about your normal hubs, not the super performing ones. Just need some info so that I know how many more hubs I need to publish to get back the current traffic level when the World Cup is over. Appreciate all your feedback. Thanks.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In response to your question, yes your traffic will definately drop when the world cup ends.  Don't worry though, keep writing, and maybe try to find some evergreen topics!

Just remember to look for low competition keywords, especially when you are starting out!

jasonyccposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the encouragement smile

low competition keywords - does it means that global monthly search volume is low say about 10k to 50k?

1. Anesidora profile image60
          Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No you want those to be high. High amount of searchers with low amount of competing sites.

2. thisisoli profile image72

To be honest nowadays I tend to find low competition keywords by just creating articles on a wide subject base, if something takes off easily I jump on it!

2. solar.power profile image61
      solar.powerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you get 300 pageviews per day that should amount to a couple of cents at least per day through adscence, surely. Ive only got one hub and get about 2-5 views per day.

1. ramkkasturi profile image59
        ramkkasturiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if I would pay so much attention for page views unless I have very planned system which is not so easy. I prefer to see unique indvidual visits because that tells me if I am actually adding new visits or not. You can get 300 page views from 10 different visits at  30 views each or 100 visits at three views each, just like you are getting many views from one site. If your  target readers are not same it may be difficult for you to maintan the same average later. If you write another hot one  for the same target readers you may succeed.For example, another game/championship hub than a lot of hubs for very diffuse target where you have yet to gain image (may be?). I would not leave my gold pot and run in search of another one

One word of caution is that I am new to this business.I have been here only four months so I am not a veteran in this area. 
        I have answered this out of my experince in other situations.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

fuzzy logic

Motivation matters - whats yours?

Why be average?

My motivation partly comes from knowing what more experieced hubbers can achieve and narrowing my gap with them.

Err.. I am not sure why I ask about average, maybe that's the only stats I know here. Hope you can shed some light smile

3. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I agree with SF.  Infact if I divide my page views with all the hubs I have written then I would be demotivated to write.  My adsense earnings are my motivations and it keeps me motivated most of the time.

Though SF I would like to know your daily overall traffic if you don't mind?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  In fact, as I posted on another thread, I have a sizeable clutch of Hubs that get almost no page views at all.  If I included them in my calculations I'd be deeply depressed.

Some Hubs just don't work, whether it's because you picked a bad subject, or the wrong title, or they need more work - whatever, you either have to revise them, or stop taking them into account.

I never think about page views. They don't matter - conversions do. 

No one can really tell you what's reasonable in terms of page views.  Different Hubbers have different expectations.

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here Marisa...I have just checked my stats now and currently I have 26 hubs with zero views...That's almost 50% of my hubs. 

Also, you are right about the CTR.  I keep a close watch on my CTR.  I only get 200-300 visitors daily(though it's increasing daily) and it earns me somewhere around $2-$4.  If it had not been for this motivation, I think I would not have been able to write.

Important thing is write down your goals and expectations and focus your efforts towards it.  My goals and expectations are primarily monetary and my current goal is to earn $7 a day from adsense.

1. Internetwriter62 profile image76
          Internetwriter62posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're doing very well.

2. jasonycc profile image68

Yes that's what I do. Take total pageviews in a day and divide it by the number of hubs. I further analyse by removing the World Cup hub as I know the traffic won't last long. Avg at times lower than 5 pageviews per day per hub.

Maybe I should stop doing that and focus on writing and having fun on HP.

Thanks for sharing your numbers with us. I have almost the same number of pageviews but my adsense revenue is between 20cents to $1 a day. Guess I have more to learn.

Well, you should definitely keep track of your traffic but don't be much bothered about it and don't forget to have fun.  Also, HP counts your own views to your hubs so it isn't that accurate. And you are welcome, I am glad to help.

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

I would just keep on writing Hubs - that's the only way that you are going to significantly increase your traffic and write some on 'evergreen' topics where the traffic won't fall away when the excitement is over.

Good advice!  Most Hubs don't reach their full earnings potential for several months - for instance, experienced Hubbers are writing their Christmas Hubs now, so they've "matured" by the time Xmas comes around. 

If you write on topical subjects, by the time your Hub gets noticed by the search engines, the event is long gone.

Write on evergreen subjects and be prepared for them not to do much for a while - they'll eventually pay off.

Marisa, thank you for your advice. Maturity period for a hub is about 6 to 9 months?

Jason, if you pick a good niche, your Hub may start earning straight away.  But to give you an example, I just had a look at my best-performing Hub.

It was published in February 2008.  It earned nothing until June 2008, when it made 30 cents.  It continued at about that level until June 2009, when it finally started making $2 or $3 a month.  It's earned me almost $200 all up.

So for that Hub, "maturity" took 15 months!

I don't promote my Hubs - if you did, that would likely make a big difference.

Englightenedsoul is right - when you first publish a Hub, it gets a brief boost with Google because of "freshness", then it drops out, until it finds its natural place.  It's difficult to judge when and how long the 'freshness' boost will last, though, so I'd say publishing close to a holiday is a risky tactic - but I'm not an expert. Mark and Nelle have a lot more experience than me, and they write far in advance of the holidays.

Marisa, I appreciate your illustration. My oldest hub is coming to 5 months old. Have to wait and see. Keeping my fingers crossed. Again, thanks for the pointers.  smile

It's wonderful to have so many experienced hubbers sharing knowledge here on HP.

2. Anesidora profile image60

That's why I gave up politics.

3. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I wrote some Christmas themed hubs last year too close to the actual holidays.  They did ok, but I think they will do better this year with a bit of fine tuning.  It just seems so alien to be writing about Christmas tree ornaments in June!

5. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

Marisa I have a query for you and other experienced hubbers.  I am also planning to write 50 hubs on christmas.  First I thought I would write them all in july but now I am thinking of breaking it up and publish 10 every month, so that my last 10 are published in  the month of november and I get benefited in rankings for fresh content.  Normally, seasonal topics gets high rank if they are published 15-20 days prior to the event.  I have observed this with my mother's day and father's day hub.  Currently, my hub on father's day is on second page of google for the term "fathers day quotes".  Here is the link
    http://www.google.com/search?q=fathers+ … 0&sa=N

I have done very limited promotion of this hub and I am sure every year many articles must have been written on fathers day.  So I am wondering how come my hub beats them all.  I also know that this ranking is temporary and it will soon disappear from the ranking.  But I would care less as it is a seasonal topic and I am already benefited.

So my question to you and other hubbers is, should I continue with my strategy of publishing christmas hubs in part or should I publish them all at once and let them age?

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Uh-oh, I don't even go there...

As for the views, currently they are 3000-4000 per day for this account. smile

Misha, I respect you.
      With just 20 hubs you get 4000 pageviews per day.
      With just 20 hubs you have over 1,000,000 pageviews.
      How did you do it?? Just Amazing.

And you forgot to add he earns $100 a day from hubpages in adsense alone!!!

That's serious money. I could retire already. I am off to read Misha's 20 hubs. Englightenedsoul, thanks for the reminder wink

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jason. I don;t make a secret out of it, check my latest hubs out. smile

7. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

If your sole niche is the World Cup, you most certainly will see a drastic drop in traffic once that is over.  That's just a fact.  Having a diverse topic base is the only way around that.

And no matter how many Hubs you have, or how many people you ask, the pattern of having a small number of Hubs doing the majority of the traffic drawing or earning holds true.

About 10% of my published Hubs have not had any views in the last day.  When I look at the last seven days, only 1 Hub has had no views in that time period.  And when I look at the last 30 days, every single Hub has had views.

relache, I just saw your profile on best hubbers. You are on the topmost. As I have said to Marisa earlier, It's great to have so many HP heavyweights contributing to the forum. Thanks for your input.

Ok I understand, just have to braze for impact when my traffic dies off after the World Cup and start publishing more diversified hubs.

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

As of recently, I average about 2000-3000 views per day. My photo/celebrity hubs are averaging slide-show views somewhere between 4000-6000 per day.

How that translates into collective views? I do not know.

9. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 13 years ago

Currently I see roughly 40-70 views a day. Considering I have 40ish hubs, that's a very low total and is a pretty discouraging thing to focus on.

That being said, I focus on the positives - like how I have actually made some money here and how people do really click on the links and purchase things via Amazon.

My most viewed hub of late is also on the World Cup (go figure, it starts Friday morning), but thankfully I think I have a wide base that won't die out when the Cup is over.

yeah.. will have to broaden my base and keep the positive mentality. Coupled with patience, I think HP is a great platform to earn decent money.

10. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

I only got $.01 in april but $2.50 in may.  That is an astounding 250 x increase in earnings.  If I keep doing that someday I will be a millionare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha.. in June you may achieve $625. Good Luck!

11. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

"Advertiser competition" in google's keyword tool, that's what you want to be low or at least average.

Also add the average estimated CPC column and make sure it offers something.

12. Kudlit profile image62
    Kudlitposted 13 years ago

"Advertiser competition" in google's keyword tool, that's what you want to be low or at least average.

Actually you want advertiser competition to be high as well. More advertisers means more money for you, bottom line.

You want to check the number of competing pages. You use google.com to do that. The less ompeting pages, the better.

Anyways page views do matter. If you don't have page views, then you won't have any traffic to convert. You want to increase your page views to increase earnings eventually.

The first step is to choose the right topic. (Lotsa searches, low competition)

Oh really? Wow, I've been looking at it wrong.

Advertiser competition I thought meant other content providers competing to advertise that product. Now I see you're saying it's advertisers competing to buy ads on content publishers' pages.

So stupid of me. Thanks for the correction. SF, olli, darkside, Marisa? Anyone can confirm that for me?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Frankly I don't remember what adwords tool shows, and I never used this number to assess the competition. One of the ways to do it is what Kudlit says, but there are better ways...

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sure, confirmed.

Never forget the Adwords keyword tool is for advertisers not publishers.

So of course advertiser competition means just that - in a round about way , you can think that high advertiser competition means lots of bidding, lots of ads and the potential that the term is moneymaker since advertisers will pay for it.

But since so many other factors come into play - your probably better off just disregarding it.

Thank you Sunforged. You know I've been doing the exact opposite. So stupid sometimes.

So much to learn, so much to implement, so little time...

3. thisisoli profile image72

Yes he is right, advertiser competition is the number of advertisers bidding on adverts.  In my experience a higher volume of advertiser competition means a steadier payout for a particular set of keywords.

13. Dobson profile image76
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Boy, was this topic a shot in my arm! My page views have suddenly plummeted and I was feeling a little disturbed about it. I really enjoy dropping in to the forum peridocially to gleen tidbits of knowledge from you more experienced HP citizens.

I will focus my efforts toward longer term subjects to avail myself of the maturation process. I understand views are not the end all, but they seemed at first to be a good measure of how linking and promotion were working.

Thanks for giving me something else to chew on rather than the appearance that my efforts are in vain!

14. liljen23 profile image73
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I get around 50-100 views per day on all of my 30(now 31) hubs but my latest hub is increasing in Hubscore and Views. So the only thing I can suggest is keep writing consistently on topics because Google likes fresh articles with a lot of text and older articles with a lot of text and increasing traffic. So keep writing things that people want to read about or want to know. I know over time all of my hubs will increase in views and hubscore but just not right now. Be patient and keep hubbing..

15. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

1. mrpopo profile image72
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

5 more than me smile

16. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Currently not very many, but more than I expected, it has been doubling roughly each 2 weeks, and I have had a major spike over last couple of days as I have published 6 hubs..

I am more intrested in my position in the search engines for my keywords, a couple have got on the bottom of the first page and the rest second or third page, once they get some more backlinks and some pagerank they will all increase position wise as some of my competition has very little page rank and few links, so I should jump past them when google has it's next play around and I hope that my hits will increase then..

17. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Shoot...I get extatic over 1...anything after that is gravy...lol

18. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

A question about advance writing of Hubs for Christmas (or for any other holiday, for that matter) -

Are the authors publishing these Hubs right now, as soon as they are written?  Or are they writing now, leaving the Hubs unpublished for a while, and then publishing them closer to the date of Christmas?  (Or publish-unpublish-publish-unpublish-publish-unpublish-etc.?)

I think it will be published as soon as it is completed. If it is unpublised no one will see it and no links will be created. Any experienced hubber to second this? or add to my simple analysis?

19. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Google keyword tool does not give you much information.  For example advertiser competition just tells you how much competition ie: how much money you are gonna have to PAY for that keyword in ADWORDS.  So I have found that generally advertiser competition of low to medium means you got a chance to rank.  The reason you got a chance to rank is that since the internet is getting saturated everyone else has access to this information and builds websites or writes articles so that the niche gets saturated.  That is why low to medium competition now correllates to a niche you got a chance to rank for.  What you want is high advertiser competition with low actualy website competition.  Market samurai or micro niche finder will do this for you.  Although more and more there are no SECRET good profitable niches left out there.  People have scoured the internet to death to find these Secret niches and eventually they get saturated.

20. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I am finding that after reading how many views others are receiving that I am feeling quite motivated. I am in the middle of cranking out a great number of hubs and hopefully they will bring more traffic for me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)