jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages vs Squidoo

1. 60
    Mr Salesmanshipposted 8 years ago

I see that Hubpages vs Squidoo is a big subject... well one of my colleagues has posted a Squidoo vs Hubpages debate on Squidoo using their debate format. So far it looks like Squidoo is winning mainly because the link has been posted on Squidoo forums so now it is about time that Hubbers go and defend Hubpages on it. Here is the link:

Squidoo vs Hubpages

You can also add your own links to your hubpages as long as they are on the debate subject of Squidoo vs Hubpages.

So I urge you all to go and give Squidoo a run for their money in this debate. If your comment is good enough you may even convert some diehard Squidooers to come and try out Hubpages.

Maddie Ruud (Hubpages Community Manager) has already made 2 very informative posts on the debate.

2. kellyfilmgirl profile image60
    kellyfilmgirlposted 8 years ago

Why choose? Why not just use both?

Great debate for Monkey Brain, but seriously: There's no reason that both can't be used. I think both can co-exist greatly.

I don't really use Squidoo for transparent self promotion as someone stated on the debate forum there. Keep in mind there are some great Hubbers who are also great Squids.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Everything she said!

I've already made a post in that lens. Under the username N376.

And here are my thoughts on the matter.

3. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 8 years ago

I have never gone to Squidoo, so I would have to say the hubpages are my favorite.

4. NateRider profile image61
    NateRiderposted 8 years ago

While I do use both, I prefer HubPages to Squidoo any day.  I don't know why, but HubPages is just more interesting compared to Squidoo, where you publish an article and let it sit there, while occasionally changing the content (Boring...)

HubPages you get interactive, talk to people, read other people's hubs and hang out here in forums smile

5. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Your first post on the forums should NEVER be self-promoting and trying to shift people off of Hubpages to get yourself a hit.

Bad form.