jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)

Do you go hubhopping ?

1. wytegarillaz profile image41
    wytegarillazposted 6 years ago

I wondered what it was so tried it ! I rated a lot of articles up , it was fun, just wondered if others do it much ?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hard to imagine rating a lot up - it must have been an unsual day or time.  Most of what I find there is either actionable (flag as spam etc,) or depressingly poor quality.  I typically can't take very much of it - only once in a great while do I see something worth giving a rating.

1. wytegarillaz profile image41
        wytegarillazposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there were some really good ones  yet the day before was diferent , there was nothing i could rate up as were very small articles etc

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I'm sure it varies.  I'm not saying I have never found good articles there - I absolutely have.  I'm just saying that it can be a bit depressing moving through all the very poor but not quite bad enough to flag stuff.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image80
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I love it.  I like to take the opportunity to help my fellow hubbers.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I do it every couple of days. It gets me reading hubs and finding hubbers I might not have otherwise. I like it! smile

1. flighhigh profile image41
      flighhighposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i like it too!!

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I try and go through every day or two and flag all the spammers smile

4. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

I hop occasionally. It's a pretty cool feature...gets me reading other people's stuff. smile

5. mythbuster profile image86
    mythbusterposted 6 years ago

I do hubhopping once in a while - I think I will plan to start hubhopping once per week...then if that's fun, maybe a few times per week. I've liked much of the text I've seen so far.

6. trish1048 profile image81
    trish1048posted 6 years ago

Yes, I do.  It affords me the opportunity to see quickly what other hubbers are writing about.  I have found some really good hubs through hopping smile

7. jenblacksheep profile image83
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I rarely hubhop, but I know I should do more. Every time I think about hubhopping I decide that my time would be better spent backlinking or writing.

Perhaps I'll try to hubhop at least once a week as well.

8. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

I give it a go when I get a chance, I usually get fed up after about 10 hubs, every now and then you find a good writer but it takes some trawling.

1. Aiden Roberts profile image88
      Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok just hopped about 16 hubs, managed to vote up 2, 8 of no interest to me, commented on 1 and other 5 sad

9. liljen23 profile image75
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

I hubhop every other day to check out new articles in the mix, some are good and some are not so good. It is a great way to rank good and bad articles in HP in my opinion.

10. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I only tried once by mistake, immediately hit the back button.

1. Bikash jha profile image61
      Bikash jhaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ha ha ha thats funny or i have to laugh i mean you are official here.

11. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

I hubhop when I have spare time.  It's kind of like Russian Roulette, you never really know what you are going to get in there.
    It's good because it is an easy way to be introduced to other hubbers and their writings that I might not have found otherwise.
    It can be aggravating at times, though, when there are an abundance of hubs that are poorly written, just plain spam or inappropriate, or are on topics that just do not interest me.
    Either way I like the feature and am glad it was installed.

12. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I did it a couple of times when it first was added, but like most of the posters here, found it sub-quality and of little interest.  Lotsa spam, too.

13. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Nope... There's never anything really worth reading, most of the hubs in the hub hopper are short and spammy, which isn't worth my time. I'd rather spend time reading new hubs by hubbers that I like and know write quality stuff, versus spend my time fishing through the crap for the good.

I think it was an interesting idea, but a waste. I hate to say it, but I think it was a waste of man-power to design, when there are plenty of other things to spend a programmer's time on.

1. RNMSN profile image88
      RNMSNposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess I havent found hub hopping...but I do go to the hubbers and start with patty and work my way down...tend to stay in the high numbers because of the quality...I like seeing what others are writing

14. Mike Lickteig profile image90
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

I don't hub-hop as much as I used to, but occasionally I will roll the dice in hopes of finding someone new who is worthwhile.  Most of the time if I'm looking for someone new to read, however, I will just look in the comments field of someone I follow for an insightful response.

15. CASE1WORKER profile image87
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i like to hub hop, its the only exercise i get!!

16. milkomeda profile image61
    milkomedaposted 6 years ago

I often Hub hop after I write a Hub, I find it fairly fun to find out what someone was writeing about at the moment. normally Ido have to rate a few down, and they're sometimes on a subject that has quite a bit of potential too. It helps with Hubpages' credibility so I do my part....we wouldn't want people comeing across this website and not taking it seriously due to finding low quality hubs that should be taken down, so in my opinion I don't think was a total waste like you said Whitney, but that's your opinion and I can't change people's opinions.

17. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Yes, I hub hop and have found some interesting hubs and some great writers.

18. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I think hub hopping is one hubpages.com better inventions.