Approaching 40 Hubs but Still Low Traffic - What is wrong with me?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I am approaching 40 hubs but still getting only 10 to 15 google hits daily and not more.

What is wrong with me?

1. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was not getting a lot of traffic with 40-50 hubs. If i recall correctly, I was getting 50-100 hits a day.

Once you make it to 100, 150, and 200 beyond. Things should change. Find a niche that works for you, but do not write on one niche all the time.

1. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would be happy if the traffic is around 100 hits per day with hubs around 40 to 50.

But in my case it is very low. I mean i am averaging around 15 hits per day.

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I mean 100+ hubs not views sorry

2. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everything I have heard suggests it takes time. Right now I am at 48 Hubs and I am getting about 75-100 Hits during the week and about 100-150 during the weekend, which still isn't much at all when people are talking about thousands of hits every day.

I'm hoping patience is key! Good luck to the both of us.

1. profile image0

Thanks bogerk and expecting good results in near future.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Nothing. You are a fellow fine human being in your own right.smile

1. Abbasangel profile image64
      Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To right Paradigmsearch

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

And, imho, your hubs are good quality.

Maybe it's just a case of needing more time.

Hopefully, others will chime in if they notice something that could help you.smile

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

When someone asks me "What is WRONG with you?" , I ask them how much detail they want, but my response to your question is just a simple lack of patience.

For specific advice, post a hub in Extreme Hub Makeover.  I can see a few minor tweaks you might make, but mostly, I think it is just too soon.

1. profile image0

No. I have patience that is why i am publishing hub regularly.

edit:

As per your advice i have posted one hub in the Extreme Hub Makeover.

1. nell79 profile image78
        nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he means patience in getting the results you want smile That's something that takes time to achieve in most cases.

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, exactly what I meant.

I have been here just six months, but every metric rises every month and the rate of increase also advances. 

Personally, I have very little patience, but I can see that time will bring more of everything.

1. nell79 profile image78
            nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know I need to get some more hubs up, and I have a few that I've got to touch up and then publish, but I'm not feeling all that patient at times with the results I'm getting either haha

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Just glancing over the titles of your hubs, in many cases you've gone after keywords that would take a huge effort to rank well for -- if it can even be done. Your Cheap Family Cruises and Best Credit Card Rewards Program comes to mind. When you're selecting a keyword, you have to look at your competition and really assess what it's going to take to beat it.

Some of your hubs are ranking fairly well, but traffic to them is very limited. You rank something like 5th for Cheap Cash Registers, but it gets lets than 600 searches per month on average, and many of those folks are going to click the #1, #2 or #3 result, so what you do get from that keyword will be minimal.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the similar advice i'd give.

Along with what Oli said. You need to work on SEO and backlinking I'd say if you want to rank up.

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I agree with paradigm.  I don't see anything obviously wrong.

With 40 hubs and at 3 months, I would think you are on track.  Perhaps a little slow, but not much, and I've seen a couple of threads recently that most people are losing traffic and so am I.  That time of year, I guess.  Perhaps January will be better for you.

Whatever you do, don't stop writing.  You will be sorry if you do when you then find your traffic rising.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked your hubs and I couldn't spot anything wrong with them. They are well written and nicely laid out with interesting topics.

I think Irohner hit on something and I think that probably time and more hubs will cure any other ills.

7. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

I've heard it takes a well to see results.  Keywords are so important.  Stick with it and you'll see more traffic.

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Results will come.  I agree with lrohner on some of your titles.  Check the title tuner and see if it gives you some other ideas.

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

You do need to be more patient, but I have to admit that is still pretty low.  You might want to work on your SEO.

10. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Yes, traffic takes time to build unless you can capture from a existing audience from a popular site. For now, smile keep writing and prosper big_smile

11. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I suggest focus on keywords first: use google adwords keyword tool to check your keywords, filter the keywords to get keywords with low competition.

For simple backlinks: create twitter and facebook, integrate your twitter with your hubpages account, so whenever you publish hub it will twitt automatically. You can do it manually as well.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Adwords keyword tool shows advertiser competition, ou want this to be as high as possible, because more advertisers = more bids.

Twitter and Facebook are also marketing techniques, not SEO, they provide little in the way of SEO value.

If you want backlinks in my opinion the best technique is to create related articles and link tehm to your site.  That way you get the backlinks and you get organic traffic being forwarded to your hub.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the adwords keyword tool tips regarding competition.

12. profile image0
    Dalyinxposted 13 years ago

It just takes time and a little bit of luck.  It only takes one hub in the top 5 for a decent keyword to add an additional 40 or 50 views per day, maybe more.  It took my most visited hub about 9 months before it reached the top of the rankings.

With that in mind, my traffic is down about 15-20% due to the holidays.  Depending on this niche, this is pretty common.  I've heard it goes up for some people, but my trend has always been downward on weekends and holidays.

One thing I do is create a blogspot with links to all my hubs and post on it frequently.  I usually do one or two posts a day, sometimes more.  You can also add links to your hubs in certain forum signatures, forum profiles, in blog comments, or whatever else.

Good luck.

13. 6stringmethod profile image60
    6stringmethodposted 13 years ago

Well first off i would say dont rely solely on Search Engine Optimization.  I would also recommend use social networks like twitter, facebook, linkedin to drive in more traffic. Also, it is difficult to drive traffic through guerilla marketing basically meaning without placing advertisements on sites. If your goal is to make money with your hubs i would say be patient because it takes awhile. One of the problems i had or at least as far as mindsets is you get into wanting to SELL SELL SELL always constantly selling. It might work in direct marketing but it doesnt work so well with internet marketing. You have to First build credibility and trust with your hubs, then once you start getting responses you build a relationship by replying to any comments answering any questions and helping them with any problems that may come up and then you start SELLING. hopefully that helps.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)