Let's see if positive thoughts really work :)

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Having been around a couple of friends that have had the (damn) swine flu in the last few weeks, I'm wondering if I'm coming down with it or some kind of flu in general.

I believe something is afoot due to the amount of meds I've taken and they haven't done a thing.

Good vibes and stuff much appreciated. The last time I had flu I came pretty close to dropping off the edge of no return. Who wants my hubs (just in case)?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Offer your hubs to some charity you like.

Seriously - not that you are planning on shuffling off now, but why shouldn't charities inherit assets like this? They could sell them or just collect the income.

2. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take care of yourself and you will be just fine. I just got over the flu...feel great now!!! :-) Get well soon!

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go to doc if you can and start a course of tamiflu now! If you wait too long it won't help you much. First thing monday morning might be okay.

Otherwise you'll suffer twice as long and twice as bad.

Good luck, I'm just getting over my flu, and it was horrid for two whole weeks. Still not 100%.

2. frogdropping profile image78

I have actually left any residual income to my kids. They'll enjoy the fight smile

I believe (in the UK) many charities are blessed with bequests from individuals that choose to leave their estates to them.

3. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Sending all my healing, warming, giggling vibes your way my froggy friend big_smile

By the way, as a frog you surly cannot get swine flu? Maybe a froggy flu but that strain of flu is not that bad big_smile (the french don't seem to get much trouble with it anyway)

4. frogdropping profile image78

Well I don't know that I've got anything. I just feel nasty. And when talking to my friend Paula (who's just got over it) she said how I (now) feel is how she started with it. And she sure was ill sad

She's better now, though feeling a bit ropey. Thing is when I get the flu I always go whole frog.

Thanks anyway. Probably nothing more than tiredness. December was a rough month all round.

@ Kirsten - not sure what I've had before. I think I've had the swine flu before they gave it a name. A couple of years before it appeared, I had flu so bad it almost offed me. Over the two weeks, I still can't remember three days of it. Not that I'm supposing I'd want to. It's just weird how I don't remember the doctor's visits, the care I had, nothing.

Anyway ... we'll see what I do or don't get. I'm hoping it's a don't get smile

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Ms Frog, from my understanding and research you cannot get swine flu twice unless it is a different strain.  I just got over a sinus infection and flu - lasted a good 12 days and I slept most of them away.  Please feel better - positive thoughts going your way.

6. frogdropping profile image78

Thank you Jane smile I honestly don't know I ever had it before, only that the doc remarked that I'd had it unusually bad and he couldn't figure out why.

My eldest son has it the now, he's awfull ill with it sad

7. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Keep thinking the positive thoughts Frog, just tell your body that you are well and healthy.

Just think of how many hubs you won't write if you succumb to the flu?

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

On the practical side, lots of rest and fruits and veggies to keep that immune system strong, as well as some daily exercise. I'm really not ready to spend some of my commissions to attend a froggy funeral, so stay well! I can hear the positive thoughts now - "I am a bright healthy shade of green...."

9. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

it's thought  smile that positive thoughts of the human mind can will someone well.
    when i'm ill,I don't have the strength to will anything.
    stay home and sleep it off if possible.
    maybe have positive dreams instead smile

10. humagaia profile image58
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

Amphibians everywhere are feeling the effects of various viruses. 'Flu jumping the species barrier is obviously not unknown - pigs and birds to humans for instance. Frog 'flu may be the next strain that we should look out for but hopefully it will not become a pandemic - could our national health systems cope in these hard times?
    All my best froggy vibes are sent to you with best wishes that you do not have any animal 'flu. People are dying in the UK from the N1 virus so if there is any Tamiflu available, best get a dose asap. Get it soonest - don't wait 'til Monday.
    Hope to see you still around for the foreseeable.
    If you do croak will you be buried at pond?
    Sorry for that, couldn't resist.

11. frogdropping profile image78

Ohhhhh wow everyone thank you smile I upped up the meds. Now feeling slightly less nasty. I'm now more worried about my son, he definitely isn't well. So can he have the positivity please - he needs it. I was just trying to side step the flu. The last bout was that bad and tbh - the thought of having it again scares me.

Good vibes for Kieran please and thankyou smilesmilesmile

1. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

We had flu here at my house during the Christmas break. My teenage son brought it home and my 5 month old baby was next to get it. I stepped up the vitamins to combat it. I had started to feel like I might get it, so I increased my zinc and vitamin C (I took Emergen-C Immune Booster--ruby lemon honey flavor which was not at all pleasant on its own, but not too bad when mixed with a scoop of powdered lemonaide) and it worked. I never did get it, and neither did the kids in my house who I could get to drink the stuff lol

Positive thoughts are great (I even wrote a hub about it once), but I think those vitamins and natural remedies pack a good punch too! big_smile

Hope you continue to feel better and that your son will improve too! Lots of good vibes going your way!

12. Kobus Hughes profile image40
    Kobus Hughesposted 13 years ago

Hey there.

I have no idea what it feels like to be struck by flu that bad as i hardly get sick but from what i read here it seems crazy. All the best to you and your son. Hope you both get well soon.

13. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Good thoughts for you - plus a Lemsip + whisky combo for a good nights sleep.  Not sure about your son, but maybe a Calpol and whisky would do the trick.

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I am coming down with something but I keep telling myself I am not smile Thinking positively certainly can help.

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts, hugs and well wishes coming at you, Ms. Frog!

I had the flu over the holidays too, as did the grandbabies and my daughter. If it's any consolation, this one that seems to be going around has worse cold symptoms (sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes) and less flu symptoms (fever, chills, aches) -- thank goodness or there just might not have been a holiday here!

Mucinex worked wonders, although Tamiflu is usually pretty good too.

Feel better, FD and UW!!!

16. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Sending out positive thoughts to you frogD and your son.  I got it after Thanksgiving; it wasn't nice at all so I can commiserate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)