jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I do not understand adsense at all!

1. profile image0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I have sex ads on my newest hub, which has nothing to do with sex.  I have diet ads on my fried foods hub.  Too cute!

If they really went by the content, these things would not be on my hubs, but then, if you eat too many fried foods, I guess you need diet programs. Still, can't imagine why a hub on writing online and social networking has sex ads on it.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I think it's been mentioned a million times by now, but until Google crawls your hub, it will not show contextually proper ads.

Good to see you around though! Hope you're well. smile

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hey sweetie!  You're looking good. Love the new hair color!  How are you doing?

3. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I have got to say though - that unlike other blogs where  I have relevant google ads hubpages seems to have a hardtime showing relevant ads on some hubs that I have which have been up for months and for which there are DEFINITLY relevant ads available for.  They just seem to drop back to A ngelina Jolie, loose belly fat and tattos on hubs about Italy and internet marketing - its annoying to say the least

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

True, so true.  I've got hubs that are very old that have totally irrelevant ads on them.  However; my adsense revenue is going up, so maybe people are clicking them.  Who knows what lurks in the minds of men....or women for that matter.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Could that possibly be due to a lapse in active Adwords campaigns on those topics?

5. profile image0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

The strangest thing about it, is that this only happens on HubPages.  I'm thinking the irrelevant ads are the ones HubPages is making their money on, because on all my other sites, the ads are always relevant within 72 hours.

working