jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Wrong Category?

1. 61
    DrPeterposted 5 years ago

I've started posting a series of each day's political cartoons.  When I started I called them Daily Cartoon Roundup, posted in Entertainment -> Cartoons.  No problem.  I changed the title to Daily Political Cartoons, based on keyword research.  Now they've gotten pulled saying they're in the wrong category.  The email says they should be in Entertainment -> Photos and Videos. 

I've asked for clarification, but no response.

Holy Poop, I just looked and they're now saying that ALL of my hubs need revision.  All 11 of them. 

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If your Hubs are nothing but pictures, they are going to have to be in the Entertainment -> Photo & Video category.  Hubs without written content make search engines and advertisers unhappy, so HubPages made a section just for those and they probably do something different with the ads that run on those.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago

Hubs which comprise of pictures mainly must be placed under the 'photos and videos' category.

4. 61
    DrPeterposted 5 years ago

I am (or WAS) trying to do the Daily Cartoon, so I thought that the Cartoons section was most fitting.  I have also been trying to write a feature each day. But now they've pulled everything, not just the cartoons.

For the features, I used the suggested category and suggested tags.  But on each one, it says I've got a category or tags violation. 

How is one to know if the suggested category or tags is wrong?

5. Haunty profile image86
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I think this is pretty straightforward. If you still don't understand something email the staff again and wait for a reply.

1. 61
      DrPeterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had a hub on throwing a Mardi Gras party.  It was under holidays > themed parties > mardi gras.  Sorry if I thought that was straightforward.

6. Haunty profile image86
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

You certainly can't expect someone to be able to help you without seeing the actual hubs.

It sounds to me as if you were having some hidden preconception about HubPages being 'after you.'

Or are you kidding us?

1. 61

No I don't think hubpages is "after me", I'm just trying to understand. 

Now, today's daily cartoons have been denied because they appear elsewhere on the web.  So the daily cartoon will NOT be making a comeback.  (I'm not artistic enough to take up cartooning to provide original content)

I thought you could post images that were not original to you, I'm certainly not claiming to be the artist.

I just don't understand why my original material has been flagged. 

I do wish hubpages would get back to me.

1. 61

Now they cleared today's cartoons.  I's beein sooo confus-ed.

1. lrohner profile image84
          lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually very surprised they're letting you keep the cartoons up. That's blatant copyright infringement.

You cannot just take someone else's work -- whether it's photos, cartoons or text -- and republish it just because you want to. I know a lot of folks do take other people's photos and use them in their hubs, but those are very difficult to trace unless the photographer files a DMCA notice. But in your case, the artist has even signed his or her work!